The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
On mine that doesn't work as I have the european boot shape. You have do do it with one knee in each corner to avoid flexing the GRP. Even more uncomfortable I suspect. The real pain is avoiding kicking the spoiler when you get in and out for spanners a hundred times.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
That was crazy - if my giant a$$ climbed in there the car would be a flintstone-mobile in a second.

That was just a test run. We didnt actually do any work. Just figuring how fun the major will be next year :)

·
Registered
6,486 Posts
Struck that pose many a time with my '84. I will say that usually whenever I had to tinker at that end of the engine compartment I took the engine cover off. Took all of about 2 minutes. Didn't help much, but helped a little.

·
Registered
743 Posts
...the more you stick your finger, lotus will make it twice difficult.
never swear when working with the lotus. lotus has a life itself

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah - we actually did do that when the clutch master got changed out last year. Much "easier".... :rolleyes: :D
Indeed, that would have been sucktastic if you hadn't removed the seat for me. Call me twisted, but I'm actually looking forward to do the major on the car next year.

·
Wingless Wonder
5,411 Posts
OK I may be stupid... :huh: :eek:

But aren't you supposed to hold up the hatch with a broomstick (Lotus Tool #1) and not that little, solitary finger???? :no:

rotfl

And, regards the Lotus Position:

I thought it was MUCH harder to stick my legs through the open roof panel without the seat in place. -poke-

We all have our own ways of working with our mistresses.... ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts