The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and i have to say, it doesn't sound that amazing...deeper, maybe...will the sound get better after i've put a few miles on it? i was hoping for more growl...

it's true that i've been watching youtube videos of the aston martin v8 vantage, so that doesn't help!

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Which 2bular exhaust did you get?

·
Registered
566 Posts
and i have to say, it doesn't sound that amazing...deeper, maybe...will the sound get better after i've put a few miles on it? i was hoping for more growl...

it's true that i've been watching youtube videos of the aston martin v8 vantage, so that doesn't help!
It should break in after several hundred miles I would think...I know mine did...I have the 5" ultra and it got louder/smoother and pops/gurgles quite a bit.

Some people commented when I was at the track a couple weekends ago that my car and Chili's car sounded like race cars as we went by the stands. They said we sounded awesome and I would have to agree!

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
A burning smell initially is normal in any new exhaust. The sound will change over the next 1000 miles.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I have a 2bular 7x22 thru diffuser I picked up from a fellow LT member....
Mine has much more Grrrrrrrr and pop-burble than stock. Major improvement.

I did purchase it with a few thousand miles on it already.

That said, I also have a topspeed exhaust new, and just put that on. Right out of the box it had much more pop-burble and lower tone. Not as Grrrrrrrrrrrrr as the 2bular.

I think you'll grow to love it. Remember to lightly press the accel and let off when coasting to a stop to get more "burble!"
Cheers,
Skottoman

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
I had the 7" 2bular, but it wasnt loud enough for me... Ended up getting a 4" 2bular that is extremely loud, but I'm thinking even that is not loud enough. Time to go for a header and sport cat, maybe that will fix the problem for me.. :D

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
I had the 7" 2bular, but it wasnt loud enough for me... Ended up getting a 4" 2bular that is extremely loud, but I'm thinking even that is not loud enough. Time to go for a header and sport cat, maybe that will fix the problem for me.. :D
Wow... somebody even crazier than I am!

My single tip Ultra is plenty loud for me and sounds... "shweet!"
:coolnana:

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Wow... somebody even crazier than I am!

My single tip Ultra is plenty loud for me and sounds... "shweet!"
:coolnana:
Also remember that the supercharged cars are a quite a bit louder at WOT. All that extra air coming out makes a big difference.. :D IMO the car looks like a race car so it should sound like one too.

·
Registered
460 Posts
7" 2bular sounds about right to me..

I acquired Chili's 7" 2bular when he switched over to the beer can sized muffler he has on it now. It has some miles into (couple thousand or so) and it sounds just about right for my daily driving car. Not too loud so I can hear the radio, but loud enough to be fun. For me this is just the right balance. YMMV.

As for Chili going to a header and sport cat, I'll give you pretty good odds that within 3 months he'll be thinking about a header and an open pipe.:eek:

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
I acquired Chili's 7" 2bular when he switched over to the beer can sized muffler he has on it now. It has some miles into (couple thousand or so) and it sounds just about right for my daily driving car. Not too loud so I can hear the radio, but loud enough to be fun. For me this is just the right balance. YMMV.

As for Chili going to a header and sport cat, I'll give you pretty good odds that within 3 months he'll be thinking about a header and an open pipe.:eek:
Im keeping the cat, Ive already had a ticket for no cat in another car.

·
Vendor
3,182 Posts
De-cat pipe = about +6db over stock.... :panic:

·
Registered
664 Posts
You need MS racing with a valve... beautiful sound when closed. And just nuts when open. You might be able to buy one from MS Racing in Japan for about 4k. Though i believe its a one of a kind.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
You need MS racing with a valve... beautiful sound when closed. And just nuts when open. You might be able to buy one from MS Racing in Japan for about 4k. Though i believe its a one of a kind.
That would add weight to the car and I cant have that.. :) Header & sport cat is lighter than stock.

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
Also remember that the supercharged cars are a quite a bit louder at WOT. All that extra air coming out makes a big difference.. :D IMO the car looks like a race car so it should sound like one too.
Only a matter of time...
;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts