1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Your friend is stupid.

·
Tire abuser
773 Posts
Depends... Was the plan to use it to haul hay on a ranch in Alaska? The friend might be right.

Looking for a fun car? nothing better.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea calling someone stupid because they don't view cars the same way you do is a little harsh..

Its all about individual perspective, and intended use.

The comic gave me a chuckle. Just thought I'd share.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Im in the Washington DC area.. I'm not much of a threat to your supply in CA, haha.

·
Addict
2007 Lotus Exige S
1,518 Posts
If you do buy one, don’t let you friend ever drive it and I wouldn’t let them ride in it either. I have no need to prove my dumb friends wrong.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
More for us :D

·
Premium Member
5,195 Posts
When I pulled up I'm mine my boss gave that we're paying you too much look. When I showed him I paid less than his new Jeep he got that I could have bought that instead look! And yes they we're paying me way too much!

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
When I pulled up I'm mine my boss gave that we're paying you too much look. When I showed him I paid less than his new Jeep he got that I could have bought that instead look! And yes they we're paying me way too much!

My favorite answer when someone asks how much I paid is to point at a car that cost more and say "less than that." It's really fun when it is their car

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
There really isnt a good objective reason to buy a lotus, your friends analysis is spot on

On the flip side they are quite enjoyable to drive

·
Premium Member
1,413 Posts

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
There is nothing common about buying a lotus. That's why its not common for people to make sense of it.

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
^ yes. You have to go out of your way to buy one. Sometimes, way out of your way.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Any time somebody does something like this to me, I make it a point to pretend to be mentally disabled around them from then on. After like 3 years, it really starts to wear on them.

·
Registered
663 Posts
I live in Iowa and own an Exige. I get those "why the fcuk would you buy that" looks all the time. I'm used to it and I don't care. People can enjoy the car if they want, they can mock it if they want... no, it doesn't have an ounce of practicality (other than happiness!), but at the end of the day, I bought this car for ME and me alone. I didn't buy it to impress friends or strangers, I bought it for me.

Don't buy one because of the image you want to project, buy one because it's what you want, and you won't give two ****s when someone tries to talk bad about it.

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
My wife and I have a running joke about whether her Mazda 6 or my Elise is the more practical car.

When her car had a battery issue recently, I joked that my Elise (and its battery) were more reliable.

On my 11 day roadtrip across the country I joked that my car was practical since it had no mechanical issues. Her car, being 4 years older, might have been risky to take.

Also I like to point out that my car gets better highway mileage.

My car is more practical since the trunk is so quick to unload.:cool:

When it comes to winter driving, mine is safer since it has snow tires and her has all season tires.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts