The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some pictures from before the ride (couldn't get any while we were rolling through the countryside--something like a 100mile ride for me)....

Yeah. I'm loving motorcycles more and more every day.

I sh*t you not, this was definitely the most fun I've had on asphalt evAr. Period.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to the club!:cool: Where did you guys ride?
We started out in the Oakbrook area, went north and west to McHenry, and wrapped up in Schaumburg (streets of Woodfield).

Very sick route, lots of hills and 45MPH+ speedlimits..... I won't publicly admit to speeding, but if cars speed on 45MPH speedlimits.......

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
which bike is yours?
My bike is not pictured, it's a 29cc NOS-equipped Goped. Go 2-stroke power!!!! j/k!

I'll send you pics of my new Scoot. I just sold my Buell (it sold in 16 hours from posting on Craigslist, f0000king amazing).

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Anyone want to place the over/under on the pink one? ;)
LOL! Sorry I'm not "hot" enough to pull that off, plus I have a penis. rotfl

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
Pictures of the owner of the pink one please

·
Registered
5,409 Posts
How did you like riding in a pack? It's requires an additional level of awareness of your surroundings because of the staggered lane sharing. Your riding must be coming along very nicely.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Pictures of the owner of the pink one please
Off-limits, she's with one of my friends.... but ain't no harm in looking--especially since girls that ride are HOTNESS! :bow: rotfl

I didn't get to talk to her, just said hello and stuff.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Riding in a group of relaxed and fun riders is an absolute blast! I was talked into leading a 'small group of 5-6 bikes' last year for a trip around back roads down to the Cherohala Skyway (near Deal's Gap) and down further to the Ocoee river (where they held the Olympic kayaking). 18 bikes showed! A few split off, a few jumped in, total of 21 bikes at one point. No problems, no stress, no one lost, and an absolutely fun time by all!

Just remember the 5th bike rule (it works for cars as well) where each vehicle tends to turn in a little sooner thinking its' about where the guy in front of them did until they apex so early they run out of road. In a pack when a rider goes down it's almost always the 4th or 5th bike. If you remember that, ride your own ride, it's never a problem.

Welcome to the club! :)

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
How did you like riding in a pack? It's requires an additional level of awareness of your surroundings because of the staggered lane sharing. Your riding must be coming along very nicely.
I liked it, but I hung out in the rear with the gear so I could watch other's lines and use their lights (it was a night ride).

I was definitely rocking the staggered techinque, some of the faster guys/gals were up front and at times looked more like tandem than staggered, I so stayed way the h#ll back and a kind soul on an R6 played babysitter for me.

I'm still breaking in the bike so I'm keeping her under 7KRPM. I just rolled over 300miles on the way home. Sooo oil change and 7K+RPM here I come heheheh.

What's pink jacket's username on the forum. I'm pretty sure I met her at a track day.
No idea, but I think she's with "9's". Remember though there are more than a couple "pink" ladies with white 600RRs.... one has a pink rim on her wheels and the other (this one) has a silver rim on her wheels.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Riding in a group of relaxed and fun riders is an absolute blast! I was talked into leading a 'small group of 5-6 bikes' last year for a trip around back roads down to the Cherohala Skyway (near Deal's Gap) and down further to the Ocoee river (where they held the Olympic kayaking). 18 bikes showed! A few split off, a few jumped in, total of 21 bikes at one point. No problems, no stress, no one lost, and an absolutely fun time by all!

Just remember the 5th bike rule (it works for cars as well) where each vehicle tends to turn in a little sooner thinking its' about where the guy in front of them did until they apex so early they run out of road. In a pack when a rider goes down it's almost always the 4th or 5th bike. If you remember that, ride your own ride, it's never a problem.

Welcome to the club! :)
The group I rolled with firmly believes in what I underlined and bolded in your statement above.

You are 200% correct on just relaxing and enjoying the ride. I stayed in the rear and used other's lines (as I could). :D

We were probably 30 deep.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
^^^ Yep, I've read that and agree wholeheartedly. Evidently the group I rode with last night agrees too.

It's all about "relax and flick it"! :D

BTW, we follow "The Pace" in our drives too. Good advice on two wheels or not.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
The Pace is one of the best articles ever written and one I have used since I first got a bike. I believe it first was written about when I turned 16 (1986) and even tough it was a few years before I got my first street bike, I always remembered it and used it with driving.

As long as everyone knows where to meet up, I don't mind being the slowest in the group or simply starting out early. Though if I leave early I'm usually somewhere between stopping points with the camera to catch the group. :)

·
Registered
7,708 Posts
Off-limits, she's with one of my friends.... but ain't no harm in looking--especially since girls that ride are HOTNESS! :bow: rotfl

I didn't get to talk to her, just said hello and stuff.
aw phlypside....u little boy u. lesson of the day.....
the girl riding on the BACK of YOUR bike is always hotter than the one riding HER OWN bike NEXT to you.

you can bank that...:)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts