The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a year since my first Evora test drive, I've finally pulled the trigger. Got all my papers sorted out today, approved and all that. Since I'm heading off for a camping trip in a few hours, I decided to have the dealer take their time to do the PDI on a solar yellow 2013 IPS 2+0 over the weekend. Will be taking my delivery on Monday at noon. This weekend is going to be a long long weekend.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
221 Posts
Post pics please!

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Congrats how exciting

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Congrats. Perfect color. Not that I am biased or anything.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Congratulations! You bet, this will be a long weekend for you!

Taking a quick time off from nature to catch my daily dosage of LT. Not even joking, I was daydreaming I was in the evora while I was stuck on the I-91. And every time I catch myself at those moments, there's a giant smile on my face.

Now, my car does not come with the tech pack, so I've got a single crummy din that I'm sure will be thrown out for a double with gps. I've heard quite a few complained about the alpine that came with stock. I was wondering what other choices do I have regarding adding in an aftermarket head unit, any other improvements needed while I'm doing audio stuff? How easy/ugly is it to add reverse cam to the mix as well?

Most likely I'll be amazoning the head unit and all the necessary bits and then have a pro installer do the work. Unless someone around the SoCal OC/LA area would like to give pointers and help with this for beer/lunch?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
2,177 Posts
Taking a quick time off from nature to catch my daily dosage of LT. Not even joking, I was daydreaming I was in the evora while I was stuck on the I-91. And every time I catch myself at those moments, there's a giant smile on my face.

Now, my car does not come with the tech pack, so I've got a single crummy din that I'm sure will be thrown out for a double with gps. I've heard quite a few complained about the alpine that came with stock. I was wondering what other choices do I have regarding adding in an aftermarket head unit, any other improvements needed while I'm doing audio stuff? How easy/ugly is it to add reverse cam to the mix as well?

Most likely I'll be amazoning the head unit and all the necessary bits and then have a pro installer do the work. Unless someone around the SoCal OC/LA area would like to give pointers and help with this for beer/lunch.
Which head unit do you have? The Alpine 920/927 are pretty good, and nearly plug and play if you have a lesser Alpine.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Which head unit do you have? The Alpine 920/927 are pretty good, and nearly plug and play if you have a lesser Alpine.
I don't have tech pack so it's a standard Alpine CDE-111RM single din. I've been researching this all night last night and it seems I'm leaning towards the Clarion NX604 for the front microsd/usb (must have) and live traffic update. Do you know if the Clarion will fit into the evora? Are all 2-din compatible or specific manuf. and size?

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Right after the key handover, I ended up taking an extended drive around pch and OC just to get comfortable with all the blind spots and that tiny little rear view mirror, so I didn't take many photos. And you all already know what a solar yellow evora look like anyway, but here are two photos as promised. I'm sure there are other photos of the car online by now as I noticed at least 3 other individuals on the road that snapped photos of me while I was on the road.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Congrats! Only a few more days until I take delivery of mine. Can't wait. Good luck with it!

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Congrats! Only a few more days until I take delivery of mine. Can't wait. Good luck with it!
Which color are you getting?

You're going to absolutely love it. This morning I walked out to the carpark with a giant grin on my face anticipating the lotus to be there waiting for me. Despite the LA traffic, my drive was a blast. I got so many glances, and a few straight up gawkings on the freeway, and of course a couple more camera phones pointed toward the car. Now as I'm sitting here in my office cube, I'm already thinking about wanting to go home, and not because I want to go home, but because I want to go drive. The Evora is addictive as crack on wheels.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Which color are you getting?
Storm Titanium with the Black Package (roof and side skirts). As much as I love your color, Storm Ti is more me and I love how it looks, especially with the black wheels. Pics to follow once I get it home...hopefully Saturday.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Great color!

When I see these cars in a group shot, they don't stand out (much) but when you see them like this...in a parking lot with other makes around them, they just pop out like mad. It's like...all the other cars are just blahhhhhhh...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts