The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Too Many Projects
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back in 2006 when I joined Lotus Talk, I was driving a twin turbo 350Z and was hoping to sell it for an slightly used '05 Elise. At that time, I didn't have much luck selling the 350Z with the modifications and later realized that having an Elise as my only car wouldn't be as easy as the 350Z was, so I stopped pursuing the Lotus.

A lot has happened since then though...in late 2007 I finally sold the 350Z (parting out the modifications), bought my current '93 RX-7 and a beater '96 Subaru Impreza wagon. In July 2008, my hate for the Subaru peaked so I sold it and bought a '83 RX-7 to fill the role of backup vehicle. In May 2009, I picked up my '92 NSX as street car since my RX-7 was quickly becoming a full track car. Fast forward four years to March 2013 when I sold the '83 RX-7 and picked up a '99 4Runner to add some capability to my fleet (breaking down and packing up a downhill bike every weekend in the summer and driving 4 hours in the '83 RX-7 to go racing was starting to get old).

Now 2013 is almost over and I'm considering selling the NSX for something different. I love the car, but after driving my friends stock AP1 S2000 and a new BRZ, I realized that I wanted something a little more precise feeling than my NSX. I am also wanting to keep the mid-engine format and the exotic looks, so the Elise fits the bill perfectly.

This probably isn't something I would look at doing until early next year (post-winter/bonus check/tax return season), but I figured I would go ahead and reintroduce myself (and I guess express why I have been a member for 7 years and have less than 30 posts). Next step is figure out what year, color, and options I am most interested in :).

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
Welcome back to the dark side. I as well went through some of the same things like a single turbo 350z and such. I also just bought my wife an 03 AP1 S2000 for her race car. Love the Elise and wouldn't trade it for the world for the track day, nice day car.

·
Registered
663 Posts
I feel ya man. I went through my "tuner" cars, too... had a couple 300zx's (including 1 TT) and then owned an 06 modded STi. Loved em all... but aside from the Elige being great on the track (just a great driver's car in general), it still has the "classy" look to it. That was a biggie to me this time around. Gotta love the exotic look at an affordable price!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Welcome back

Welcome back to the world of Lotus!! It sounds like you never really left just were not ready yet to take the plunge!! ;)

If I can ever help, please let me know. I have been a member here since 2004 and a Lotus salesman/ dealer since 2001. I love the product and always happy to talk about it. If you ever have any questions about options or colors or anything, I am happy to assist. We usually have a few in stock at any given time. You can always see our cars at: Motorcars International by Bill Nuccio

Best of luck getting re-established in the Lotus world. I hope you find a good one to love for many years to come!!

Bill Nuccio jr

·
Too Many Projects
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I feel ya man. I went through my "tuner" cars, too... had a couple 300zx's (including 1 TT) and then owned an 06 modded STi. Loved em all... but aside from the Elige being great on the track (just a great driver's car in general), it still has the "classy" look to it. That was a biggie to me this time around. Gotta love the exotic look at an affordable price!
I mostly left the tuner car scene a while ago. My NSX is almost stock (only mods in nearly 5 years are headers, exhaust, and airbox...the bare essentials) and my RX-7 is a ground up track car build that just happens to be driven on the street as well (many may still argue that it is a tuner car).

Welcome back to the dark side. I as well went through some of the same things like a single turbo 350z and such. I also just bought my wife an 03 AP1 S2000 for her race car. Love the Elise and wouldn't trade it for the world for the track day, nice day car.
Welcome back to the world of Lotus!! It sounds like you never really left just were not ready yet to take the plunge!! ;)
Thanks guys. With any luck I'll figure out exactly what I want (color/year/options), be able to sell the NSX, and actually find the Elise that I want in the price range I want. Fingers crossed.

·
Too Many Projects
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Took the NSX for a spin today...I think the hardest part about selling it for an Elise is going to be losing the NSX's exhaust note which is exponentially better than that of any Elise/Exige I have heard.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I have both the S2000 and Elise. I might be interested in your NSX if the price is right. My S2000 is my DD.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Have you test driven an Elise yet? The NSX is a great car and maybe all you need are some suspension mods and different tires. I'd love to own an NSX. That V6 is an awesome motor.

·
Too Many Projects
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have both the S2000 and Elise. I might be interested in your NSX if the price is right. My S2000 is my DD.
Any decision/action is going to have to wait until spring so that I can make sure all my funds are in order. I'll be sure to let you know when that happens though :).

Have you test driven an Elise yet? The NSX is a great car and maybe all you need are some suspension mods and different tires. I'd love to own an NSX. That V6 is an awesome motor.
Not in a long time. I drove a '05 Elise in summer 2006 and rode in a friend's Exige S several times in 2007, but nothing since then. I need to find a local Elise owner to show me around their car and take me for a ride sometime soon.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts