The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On 8/2003, I put a deposit on and Elise which arrived in 11/2004. On 6/2007, I sold my Elise to Abe (SouthBay Lotus) because my first and only child was a month away.

In 12/10, I considered the Evora or a Boxster S. I test drove the launch cars but really wasn't impressed. Now that my lease is over....well, in 3 months, I ended up going with Scottsdale Lotus' Laser Blue car. :clap:

On thing, are the headlight Day time running light? I pushes the light button and can't get the button's green illumination to turn off unless I turn off the car.

Pictures to follow.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Yes DRLs-easy disable (just unplug something) and totally worth it. You will end up with the fast blink (some like, me included) or you can do a quick fix to return it to normal.

Congrats on the purchase. Although I miss my elise, I really love the Evora. It is a great car all around.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Off topic, but why are people keen to disable daytime running lights? Even if they are not mandatory in your state, they are much safer. If they save you and your front end from ONE accident, and it costs you $0 to have them on, isn't it worth it?
Especially with a fast moving car, you are more easily seen by drivers in front of you and oncoming drivers. No brainer.

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
Off topic, but why are people keen to disable daytime running lights? Even if they are not mandatory in your state, they are much safer. If they save you and your front end from ONE accident, and it costs you $0 to have them on, isn't it worth it?
Especially with a fast moving car, you are more easily seen by drivers in front of you and oncoming drivers. No brainer.
+1
In fact, it was the first thing I enabled after the first trip I took with the car. It drmatically reduced the number of necessary hard brakings.:eek:

It is all about being seen and even in bright sunlight those lamps will wake the sleeper pulling over in front of you.:thwack:

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not interested in disabling it. I just thought my light switch was broken because I could deactivate it unless I turned off the car.

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
Congrats on the purchase - you won't be disappointed.

Nothing broken - that is how they are normally. Easy fix and then you need to find the thread on getting the power folding mirror switch, easy fix, then maybe an exhaust and the CAI :D

Lots of fun to come!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts