The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

So Kramer walks in...

2K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  TotallyGreen 
#1 ·
slaps a hundred dollar bill on the table and shout's "That's it, I'm OUT!!!"

Well, it wasn't a naked woman that drove me away, it was naked ME. After over a year waiting I finally got to sit in an Elise and found it was simply too cramped for my physical size. (At 5-10 and 225 pounds I actually might consider a crash diet if I wasn't 58 years old...). As many of you who have waited a year or more might guess, that discovery was very disappointing if not downright painful.

To salve my feelings, I bought a new C5 coupe - after rebates and GM Card credits - for about 35 large.

The #19 spot at SVAG is now vacated and Graham is returning my 2 grand.

I'll be watching for Elises in the Seattle area. If you see a red Corvette on your tail, slow down, it might be me!!!

#2 ·
Sorry to lose you in the Elise crowd, but I loved the Seinfield reference.

Have fun in the car and maybe we will see you on a track somwhere.

#3 ·
At this point it really wouldn't matter. Was it a Fed Elise, that you tried out. They have different seats to better fit some of our wide-bodies.:p In any case I'm sure you'll enjoy the Vette, until the C6 are out. :D

Just realized at #19 was your order already in?

#4 ·
may you be master of a new domain...

#5 ·
Where did you try it on? I was at SVAG last Sunday and did not see any Elises there. I'd love to make test fitment. The only item I picked up was color chart. They also promised to call me Monday with my spot ranking, the guy wrote down my office and cell phone numbers. But I have not received any calls yet ;-(

CDubYa said:

The #19 spot at SVAG is now vacated and Graham is returning my 2 grand.

#6 ·
Fitting

I sat in a Recaro seat equipped racing S1 at Park Place. The federal seats are more accomodating but the sill was the real problem. Difficult getting in, almost impossible to get out and would have been impossible with the top in place. :mad:

#7 ·
Re: Fitting

CDubYa said:
I sat in a Recaro seat equipped racing S1 at Park Place. The federal seats are more accomodating but the sill was the real problem. Difficult getting in, almost impossible to get out and would have been impossible with the top in place. :mad:
S2 sill is lower and race seats are much tighter.

#8 ·

CDubYa said:
You do realize that the Fed Elise and S2 have redesigned side sills. The car we are getting has side sills about an 1.5 inches shorter in height, as well as not being as wide. I would reconsider until you sit in an Elise that you would be actually buying and not some older model.

#9 ·
The S2 is a bit easier to get in and out of than the S1. The sills are definitely lower. This might make the difference for you.

I'm also working on some seat alternatives. I have a friend who is 6'-4" and fits fine in the S1, but doesn't fit in the Fed seats. The Corbeau Motorsports seats actually sit you up higher, but both Shinoo and I have got other options coming. Check out Sector 111 for the beautiful Reverie seats:

http://store.sector111.com/seats.html

Also, this is someting I'm trying to get over here in the coming months:

Attachments

#10 ·

CDubYa said:
Many here have been preparing for this exact circumstance.

#11 ·
CDubya... if you only tried the S1 car, please reconsider since the S2 is a lot easier. Unless your mind is made up. I don't think that is a fair test of the car.

#12 ·
Cdubya, listen to Randy. I am 5'10" and weighed 290 lbs when I sat in the Elise. No problem for me. I know weigh significantly less (Thanks Lindora!) and am still north of your 225 pound weight (242ish) ... but I can't see any problems getting into and out of the Elise that a little practice can't solve. The car wasn't cramped at all for me. Wait to sit in the Federal Elise before you give up your spot.

Bob

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.