The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pickup truck couldnt see me in a construction zone and jumped into the intersection just as I was crossing :(
You probably know the end result: barely any damage to the tacoma, my 2006 elise shatters like a snow globe :(
GEICO totaled the car so I thought I'd post the VIN so it helps others

VIN: SCCPC11116HL30323
2006 SY Elise with ~77k miles

Back to driving my 1998 civic to work *sigh*

Attachments

·
Registered
87 Posts
Oh man, so sorry. That stinks. I'd be curious to know if the insurance company ends up giving you what you think is fair in order to replace the car.

·
shay2nak
25,133 Posts
damn! glad you're ok. Getting another one I hope.

·
Registered
686 Posts
:/ sorry to see, good luck with replacing her.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Ouch I'm sorry to hear it. Hopefully you'll get back into the saddle soon.

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
Sad. It is even the same color as mine.

Hopefully you can get another one.

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
Sorry man. Glad you're OK.

Part of why we drive the Europa so rarely. Just plain scary.

·
Registered
676 Posts
that looks bad, but it looks superficial (no frame damage)...i see leaks but that can be from a hose or radiator. Slap on a new clam and lights and you're good to go!

·
Registered
277 Posts
Glad you're OK - That's a bummer though.

·
Registered
273 Posts
These photos are hard to see. I am sorry, I can only imagine how I would feel seeing my car like that. :( The bottom line is that you and the truck drive are OK and cars can be replaced.

I am glad that the insurance is making good and hopefully you can find a nice replacement.

I know these cars are tiny and hard to see but considering its color, I can't help but wonder how he missed it? It is no surprise that motorcycle riders have such a hard time!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah, its sad :( The construction barricades were about as tall as my car, and the intersection visibility was quite terrible such that neither me or the other driver could see each other. No one was hurt, so that's some good news in this story :)
Be careful in construction zones, even if you have the right of way!
Thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
:( breaks my heart to see this.

Sorry for your loss but am glad insurance is covering it.

Good luck getting your next toy!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Already in the auction block. Bid starting at 10,000. I actually though on bidding on it until I saw your pictures, much more revealing. Still looks like it would be worth repairing, does not look like the frame was damaged. The high mileage kind of hurst the price though, gene before the accident was a 23-27k car, now with rebuilt title will be a 19-23k car, question is how much it would be to repair it correctly?

SCCPC11116HL30323 Original Lotus Exige at HOUSTON, TX on online auction by March 05, 2014 | SalvageBid

·
Absolute power does what?
3,201 Posts
My condolences as well, glad you're ok as that's just sad to see.

What will replace her??

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It's sad to see it that way :(
Funny how it's listed as an exige. For anyone interested, its got about 77k miles on the clock, I think I was the third owner. I wasnt able to remove the stage 2 exhaust on it, or the TRD cup air box, but other than that, its pretty much stock.
As for what to get next? It's hard to fill the joy of driving one of these awesome cars with anything but another Lotus, so I'll just have to wait until the right car/price comes around I guess!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts