The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found out my car will be here in September, provided there are no more delays of course (and with how idiotic things have been so far, I'm expecting them). If it does in fact arrive in September, I have about a month to drive it.

Lotus - you suck.

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Mike, Im close to being in the same boat and Im #5. I feel your pain. When I get my car I'll have maybe two months to drive it...and I'm still going to have to drive it back down to Atlanta to get its first service done in that time.

I wish I hadnt ordered LSS now. :(

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OneFastMiata said:
Mike, Im in the same boat. I feel your pain.

I wish I hadnt ordered LSS now. :(
It sucks, and I hate to say it but the only one to blame is Lotus UK.

Do what I did and get the bike that you want... at least you'll have something fun to ride/drive this summer.

I'm really wishing I had bought a T-Rex instead at this point. I understand that Lotus is a small company, but this is just ridiculous.

·
Registered
591 Posts
I just talked to my salesman at Overseas Mototrs in Dallas and he new next to nothing. He said a few days ago that the GM had said that their demo was delayed a couple of weeks. I told him additional information was available and asked that he pursue it with the GM/Lotus USA. I am #8 and I have no clue on a delivery date. While Summer driving is not much of an issue, and AutoX season is not an issue for me, it being late is an issue for my wife.

She went and put down a deposit on the Lotus as a surprise for me, last July. Because of that we are #8 on the list. Well, she is now pregnant and due October 7. The later the car comes in, the less likely she will be able to get in and out of the car, so she will not get to enjoy the car. We had planned a vacation for the end of July to take the car through the country side. Well that looks to be shot. Sp we may not get to enjoy the car together for some time after it gets here. That sucks, since she is the reason I will be getting the car anytime in the near future.

Greg

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Jenn,
Keep in mind my idea about staying down for the weekend when you pick up your car. I've got a great route for the N. Ga. mountains we could have a southeast minimeet. then you go to LOA the following monday and get your first service.
Let me know
Chris

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Darnit, Ive been meaning to email you back about that!

Here's my problem. My parents want to go to New Orleans with George and I. They wanted to go in June and I had hoped my car would be here in June so I thought maybe I could work something out with this trip and the delivery of my car. I said ok to June but kept putting them off because I couldnt find anything out. Then I find out about this whole "july" thing and the delay so I told them, lets go down in July. They said ok, but then I put them off and I said, well how about late July....now Im realizing August may be the month. So Im just worn out with trip planning. We may do that Chris, I'll have to check with George. With his work he has to plan his "Vacation" days in advance and at this point it looks like we will have no idea when the car is arriving so Im stumped.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Ok so Spetember it is for the first LSS Elise's, but what if September rolls up and then Lotus says oh now it's October???? or November??? hey maybe December???

At this point I donot and will not believe a word Lotus says. They are a British company yes??? I worked with a few British companies and imported British car parts with my import business back in the 90's and one thing I learned is not to believe a word they say. I can see we are all learning this now:(

Mad Mitch

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
hermanslotus said:
I worked with a few British companies and imported British car parts with my import business back in the 90's and one thing I learned is not to believe a word they say.
Mad Mitch
I have only heard that about folks from NY and Miami.:D

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Racer X:
You can count on your car to arrive between sept 15th and Oct 15th. I'm #8 also and have done the real #'s. Demo's in @July 15th and 3cars per mo thereafter.. We are approx 2 mos after the first customer cars are delivered.. Hopefully the first customer cars will be in for the July 15th release. If so we are looking at a september delivery......
Perry_________
Laser Blue LSS
Trying to delete the radio and A/C to no avail

·
Supporting Vendor
4,199 Posts
MikeAR303 said:
Do what I did and get the bike that you want... at least you'll have something fun to ride/drive this summer.
Sign up for some motorcycle track days. That will keep you sufficiently engaged and distracted. Keith Code runs a great school Cailf SuperBike School that travels around to different tracks. Superbike Track Days

Hang in there guys!

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
hermanslotus said:
Ok so Spetember it is for the first LSS Elise's, but what if September rolls up and then Lotus says oh now it's October???? or November??? hey maybe December???

At this point I donot and will not beleive a word Lotus says. They are a British company yes??? I worked with a few British companies and imported British car parts with my import business back in the 90's and one thing I learned is not to believe a word they say. I can see we are all learning this now:(

Pretty darn disgusting isn't it.

Mad Mitch
Did Lotus UK comment on any of these delays? Where is the official release that comments on LSS delays? If they had no such release how could they have lied to us about the LSS delay?

I'm British and I don't lie. I think some of you have been getting your hopes up and have therefore been disappointed. If you have been lead to believe you will be getting you car sooner it was not Lotus UK that mislead you.

Worrying isn't helping matters.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
perryeyges said:
Racer X:
You can count on your car to arrive between sept 15th and Oct 15th. I'm #8 also and have done the real #'s. Demo's in @July 15th and 3cars per mo thereafter.. We are approx 2 mos after the first customer cars are delivered.. Hopefully the first customer cars will be in for the July 15th release. If so we are looking at a september delivery......
Keep in mind that not every dealer is getting 3 cars per month. Some dealers will get more, some will get less.

A number of customer cars should be released at the same time as the demo cars. Cars have been shipping out each week and the first ship is just arriving. With over 135 cars finished, it would not suprise me to see over 100 cars ready and in the US by July 15th. That is just my guess. We do know that the allocations of those first cars are not evenly done per dealer also. So if we assumed 100 cars would be here on July 15th, that means 60 customer cars. Some dealers might have 3 cars. A few dealers may only have the demos.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Derek said:
Did Lotus UK comment on any of these delays? Where is the official release that comments on LSS delays? If they had no such release how could they have lied to us about the LSS delay?

I'm British and I don't lie. I think some of you have been getting your hopes up and have therefore been disappointed. If you have been lead to believe you will be getting you car sooner it was not Lotus UK that mislead you.

Worrying isn't helping matters.
Derek,

Just going on past track records of Lotus. When I ordered my car last summer I was told first cars to arrive end of April 2004. I flew out to the LA show from the East coast. I was told to my face at the LA show by Lotus the the first cars and demo's were to arrive end of May. Then when the end of May rolled around my dealer as well as many others got the word from Lotus mid to end of June. Well it's now Mid to end of June. Can you tell me where the cars are now???

Now I hear mid to end of July?? Hey I am only going on past performance of this company. Today is what June 17th has your dealer got any Elise's??? Mine has zero.

Also I have done business with many British automotive companies in the past and all I got out of them was lies for the most part. I had the president of a large British wheel manufacture lie strait to my face in his office. Again this is from my personal experience. Ofcourse not every person in and from the UK is a liar, but I can say I am not too found of the UK when it comes to business ethics.

Mitch

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
As Shinoo said.. hang in there.

When things were getting finalized, the date was moved from April to June and has been mid June for a while. And they actually hit that date as far as having cars on the shore.

It's just a wrinkle that there was a mix up and not all dealers go a car and then a corporate decision was made to hold back the cars until all demo cars get here.

I have no reason to think it will be anytime after July 15th. I would not be surprised if it was a little earlier, and that is only 3-4 weeks away. Not long now for those of us waiting for years.

The positives are that during all this time, Lotus is still cranking out cars, still shipping them, the wait does not mean anything has been impacted as far as cars being made for us.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Double Delivery

perryeyges

So perhaps I will get a double delivery, the Elise and the baby at the same time. Hopefully, someone will figure out how to disable the passenger side airbag pretty quickly. Perhaps I can get the dealer to install a cut-off switch.

The timing just sucks....

Greg

P.S. Does anyone know if Texas will get their cars through Charlotte or California?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts