The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my Lotus Elise yesterday and am extremely happy, because of this I have had a hard time gettnig out of the car to come on here yet. But I am going to make this quick post. Last night I was driving about 30 mph and hit a little bump in the road, nothing I would have been concerned about except right after the bump something hit my windsheild. I pull over and look and my drivers side blinker cover is missing. I went back and found it on the road and it doesn't look damaged. Has anyone had this issue before? I am not sure if I can pop it back in but I am assuming if I do that that it will pop out again. Any suggestions or experience? Thanks guys.

Can't wait to get home and drive her some more :)

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did a search for blinker and didnt find anything. I will do a more indepth search after work. Thanks.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Bottom line, it's a common problem.

If it's intact, put it back in. Be sure it 'clicks' when you press it down. It requires a decent amount of force.

Being yours ended up on the side of the road, it's possible the retaining clip broke.
If so, here's a fix: Lotus Elise Maintenance, Indicator Lens Installation

This thread had some links, but there certainly are others: http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f3/front-turn-signal-popped-out-57379/

I'd search under 'turn signal' not blinker, imo.

Good luck.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
You forgot to replace the blinker fluid. I highly recommend this:

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
If you plan on tracking the car, use this as its more resistant to high temps

·
Modern Day Hippie
3,839 Posts
Get used to it. It will happen at least a dozen more times in the next 4 years. Better get it replaced under warranty as it will get pricey.

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
Jessica (I'm sure you'll see this thread) Look, isn't that funny, you were asking how to take yours out cause it wasn't going well by how it was posted here and these ones are falling out all on their own. lol.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Funny, I just came in from switching those out right now. Well, I didn't do it because I was to the point of forgetting the screwdriver method and using a hammer, so I employed my husband and he somehow got them out without breaking anything. Well worth it though, the stealth bulbs look sweet. :nanner:

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
blinker

Well then you guys should come out tomorrow so I can check it out. Meeting at the Waffle house/gas station at the end of 400 south of Dahlonega at 9:00 AM for a mountain drive. I know there are at least 4 of us going.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Let me tell you about the last time I showed up somewhere at 9 a.m. Just kidding. I'm not going to go on any mountain drives until this stupid a/c module is fixed. I don't know what would be more fun, driving off the side of the mountain becuase the car shut off mid-turn or driving around all day without the a/c on. Maybe next time. Tell your buddies up at motorcars to get their butts in gear - it has almost been 2 months, I figure they'll run out of bs stories soon. lol

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
How about a countersunk blackheaded sheet metal screw?

Drill a small hole all the way through (and there is nothing within ~1" of the clam underneath).
Counter sink to suit the screw.
Drill the clearance hole larger in the blinker - so that the threads don't grab the blinker.
Screw it in - the declare job done...

I used one screw in the very front on each side.
(Now I don't need to worry no mo.)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts