The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel like that means very little. I placed my order well over a year ago and now am expecting a fully loaded chrome orange elise. First they said april, then may, now june - and now i highly doubt june is going to happen. Why does no one seem to know and why would you release dates you have no intention of coming through with?

i just want my car! :p

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
June is not going to happen, your dealer should have new information.

As far as the dates, I think the dealers are telling you what they were told from Lotus USA who was telling the dealers based on their estimates from Lotus UK. Basically, crap happens and things take longer than everyone wants.

There are some cases where someone with a 7th car is getting one of the first cars, so anything is possible, but if you are 8th in line, I expect your car will be here later, like in August if not September. As I said, talk to your dealer, all dealers have been recently given new data that is now much more than a guess.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
agent orange said:
why would you release dates you have no intention of coming through with?
Welcome!

In fairness to Lotus, I don't think they "have no intention of coming through with" any announced dates. Stuff just happens.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Bah, I have an email from back in 96/97 where I was trying to get put on a list. I asked Lotus and they said "We are evaluating bringing the elise to the USA, we hope to have information soon."

I have been waiting ever since, and that was in 96/97....

Using logic, you can determine that yes, we are all doomed. The car is coming soon. (IE within 6-8 years)

In other words, PIPE DOWN. The cars will be here when they get here, no sooner. Lotus is actually ahead of most manufacturers for getting a car into the states on schedule. Not to mention a car that "breaks the rules" in just about every area. In terms of information disimination they aren't the best, but they arent the worst. The cars are coming, they will be here soon.

:)

Scot

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Overall, I have to say I'm actually impressed with the speed that Lotus was able to muster in designing the Fed car, dropping in the new motor/ECU, getting through the US/DOT/Import red tape (which must be a nightmare to navigate), securing waivers, doing crash tests, adding the required Fed-only gear, and so on.

That's one place a really large car company would have an advantage, with large staff and several models of experience, contacts in the right US departments, etc.

So from that perspective, I see Lotus as quick and effective.

I think most of the frustration stems from optimism.. Inverse Sandbagging -- Lotus says "possibly next summer", agents hear "early summer", dealers hear "spring!", and tell customers "Early next year", and come January it's "Where's my car?!"

Nothing unusual about that, but now that we're down to the wire, hopefully we can get some accurate information on rollout. I'm really hoping that once the influx gets up to a good clip (September?) there will be a recognized system and pattern.

In the meantime, "Where's My Car?" :)

·
shay2nak
24,910 Posts
agent orange said:
I feel like that means very little. I placed my order well over a year ago and now am expecting a fully loaded chrome orange elise. First they said april, then may, now june - and now i highly doubt june is going to happen. Why does no one seem to know and why would you release dates you have no intention of coming through with?

i just want my car! :p
the only way you are going to know when you get your car is when you drive down to the dealer to pic it up. LOL! It seems things have gotten so speculative, etc. that it seems that is when you'll know when you get your car.

welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lol

i agree completely - i figure one day i'll wake up and get a nice surprise phone call - im not bitching as much as whining i suppose :p

im sure we can all relate to how much we want this car!

and thanks for the welcome!

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Ridgemanron said:
Isn't the currently demo delivery date now expected to be mid-late July, with
customer cars to begin arriving mid-late August?
No. Demo cars AND some first customer cars will be released around July 15th. Some customer cars are here now.

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Second order batch or second shipment?

Second shipment has already left UK. That would not make sense.

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Anyone who gets their car before me I want to beat up. :p Chris better run!

BTW, I may be in Atlanta the second week in July, I know thats cutting it close but if I'm in Atlanta and Chris has his car I expect that he better meet up with us and give us his car for three or four hours to play with at our will........or, at least let us see it for a few minutes. ;) :clap:

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Jenn,
Even if I don't have the car yet, I think the earliest chance at all is the 15th. Still be glad to meet you with you guys and go out to lunch, maybe we can arrange something with Chris C.
Chris

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
so should i plan to be in atl around say july 16-17? LOA, are you tuned in? chris...HEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLP

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
LL<
not tuned in but that's around the date the first cars should hit the dealers. Certainly LOA is one of the closest dealers to Brunswick, so they should have them(?) somewhere close to that time.
Chris

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

I keep hoping because i'm NYC - they'll get a few extra in their shipment - my dealer told me I was in their first batch but they seem to talk Sh1t all the time - so i dunno. I just hope NYC will get some priority just because its NYC :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts