The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you guys have this problem? What are you going to do?

I can certainly live with her choices, but are you guys giving in to the wife's choices? Mine wrinkled her brow at my advocated colors, as if I were insane. Only to be followed by 'Eewwww'.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
The car is mine alone - my toy, my color pick, she could care less as long as I like it - what a woman!

·
Registered
985 Posts
She always picks the color.....

this way it seems more like it's 'our' car, even though it's my track day toy. She doesn't drive a stick, and no, I'm not teaching her either, it's just perfect this way! :)

She also gets to name the cars, and she chooses good names too, it all makes for a happy healthy and joyful family, and my co-pilot feels like an integral part of the team.

So we are getting Storm Titanium, since we saw one in Australia in that color, and she felt it suited the car best. I liked the Cobalt Blue, and loved the Ice Blue, but I don't think either are US colors. Anyway, Storm it is, with red interior, so says she who must be obeyed!

Happily she has very good taste :)

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm stunned macfly.

My choice was nightfall blue.

Her's? Storm Ti.

:D

Edit: But mine drives stick. She loves driving stick.

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
Go for the Krypton Green(unless one of you likes it)
This way both of you will be unhappy!

Either that or make a list of your 5 favorite and 5 least favorites and see if there is something that you both agree on.

Or call that guy from the TV program Designing for the Sexes
He will say that one of you can pick the interior color and the other can pick the exterior.

In any case just be glad that you both agree on the car. She could have said she wanted a minivan!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Unfortunately, she wants a new car too, but I want to keep her current SUV as a tow vehicle, and my M3 for a daily driver. 4 cars, two drivers, 2 car garage, would like a trailer too, hmmmm....

As pooh bear says (my daugher is 3) "Think, think, think. . . ."

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
My wife is picking the color. She vetoed red; although she admits that it looks great, after 20 years of red cars she wants a change. She loves Saffron Yellow, as do I, so that's it. Unless a light blue shows up, which we both would prefer.

She does not drive a stick, so will not be driving the Elise. In fact, she probably would have a Viper if it came in an automatic, since that's her favorite car (no need to yell at me, I told her that just wouldn't be right!). But she's perfectly happy tooling around in her 1988 560SL (before they abandoned the traditional boxy styling that we love).

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
MikeAR303 said:
I sure am glad I'm not married :)
Well, I married a doctor (my mother is so proud!), and she makes pretty good money, which is why I can afford an Elise. But just barely, since my allowance ends at 40K or so. :D

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
My wife suggested a different color on my Seven and listening to her was the best thing I did realtive to that car. I am a color dunce, she picks the colors I pick the cars, seems like a darn good arrangement to me.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
My significant other said that "this car is so gorgeous that any color would look great on it." Another one of her quotes "it's an exotic you could get away with odd colors like Lime green." But we both don't like it. We're thinking COM, or BRG/biscuit/stripes.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts