The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had my Elise exterior detailed and I'm so happy I had to post some pics:

I just wish I was a decent enough photographer to do it justice. It's so smooth and shiny!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Great... Thanks for making me feel guilty about going Kayaking instead of detailing my Elise this weekend :no: Those pics made me realize just how bad mine needs a good day at the spa :( Guess it will be getting a pampering this weekend for sure....

Looks great :cool:

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
That American Express commercial of the Kayaker wasn't you was it? "Look, I am doing the rapids"!

·
Registered
553 Posts
Did you do it yourself? Looks good. I just ordered all kinds of polishing pads and stuff from adams detail. The last owner who owned it has never detailed the car so it is pretty rough in terms of paint quality. In the meantime, ill just do a simple wash to get all the bugs off my front after driving it back 19 hours lol

·
Premium Member
5,193 Posts
Loks GREAT!! Do you know what products he used? I am in the process of doing a complete Maquires detail and so far I am very happy!

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
I need to put on my sunglasses to view your pictures.
Say what you want, but a Lotus sure cleans up well.
Thanks for sharing,

vincesf

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Did you do it yourself?
Nah, I looked into it and decided it was a skill I likely didn't have and besides, I've been spending enough time "playing with the new car" lately that an entire day of washing, polishing, and waxing probably wouldn't have been a good idea ;)

Loks GREAT!! Do you know what products he used? I am in the process of doing a complete Maquires detail and so far I am very happy!
I took to it to Mose Auto Detail. He said he normally uses Duragloss Aquawax, but he was having a lot of fun with the Elise (he's never detailed one before) and thought the yellow needed a bit more "punch" so he used something else (and I forgot what he said). He also clay-bar'd it, put on a coat, then used what amounts to jeweler's rouge and a slow polish to get it REALLY smooth, and finally applied another coat. I'm super happy with the result and recommend his services if you're looking for detailing in the Sacramento area.

He did recommend Maquire's detailing spray for cleaning off the bird-bombs ([email protected]%# things think she's a big flower or something!) so I picked up a bottle of that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts