The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well in looking for a black with red interior I have noticed that seems quite the difficult thing to find.

I find MANY orange, a few less yellow, then a smattering of silver, white, green, blue and then black with the tan interior which is not to my taste.

Quite the challenge in my search for a Lotus.

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
I'm having baked chicken and cauliflower for lunch.

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Ordering a new one should be no problem - if you're going used you will have to either wait (possibly a long time, I waited 3 months) or compromise

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
I wanted LRG....so I waited till I found it with the LSS package.

It makes it more exciting when you get what you wanted.

·
Premium Member
26,313 Posts
Wallaby Guy had/has this:

2006 Lotus Exige HRM Edition finished in Phantom Black with Black cloth interior. This one owner Exige has been driven just 2k miles since new! It was designed for one of our long standing enthusiastic Lotus clients and it's well-equipped from the factory with a Limited-Slip Differential, Lotus Traction Control, and Lifestyle Paint. The list of custom HRM modifications is extensive and includes a Stage II exhaust, Reverie Cold Air Induction system, Schroth 4-point Racing Seat Belts with harness bar, rear Lotus badge, Yellow painted brake calipers, Black powder coated fuel filler door, Yellow painted engine cover, steering wheel with Yellow leather inserts, wool carpets edged in Yellow with Lotus emblem, and Armor Fend invisible paint protection. The instrument surround, A/C surround, and center console have been trimmed in Black alcantera with Yellow leather inserts and Yellow contrast stitching. It is one of the most stunning Exiges that HRM has ever created. It cost in excess of $69,000 to build when new. It is now priced to sell quickly at $49,900.00.
Attached Images

·
Have you GYLO'd?
1,688 Posts
Change the Interior!

If you can find an agreeable dealer, you can do like I did. I liked the Ardent Red, but really wanted the biscuit interior. I found a dealer that was more than willing to swap the biscuit interior out of another Elise on the lot, and replace the black interior mine came with. It's just the two seats and door panels - pretty simple. (I had them add a Lotus Trim Shop biscuit leather console, with red stitching, and I'm very happy.)

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
i like bunnies.

i like that ET has at least ten or twenty color threads per week.

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
What's with the random wisecracks?
They're not wisecracks... any time you open a thread on color, use as a daily driver, etc. you get automatically get people's favorite animal, daily diet, etc. It's a feature. ;)

P.S. It's rumored that it can be disabled by using the search function.

·
Registered
9,294 Posts
They're not wisecracks... any time you open a thread on color, use as a daily driver, etc. you get automatically get people's favorite animal, daily diet, etc. It's a feature. ;)

P.S. It rumored that it can be disabled by using the search function.
rotfl

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
A thread on trying to find a Lotus.

That is what this is.

And a little asking about finding them.

Half a dozen forums that I am on, mod for, or admin for, all with search features. I wonder where I can get the cauliflower mod for those forums.

Thanks for the pointing towards the interior trim place, that is helpful, I may have to look into that even with the interior I want as they look to have some really nice bits.

·
Registered
958 Posts
ok, brother, remember this?

Whoa! Ok dude, calm down. You've started, like, 4 threads today.

You've added 2 more to that. I think most of what you are asking can be searched for and answered a lot quicker than posting 6 threads asking questions. As others have said, you are going to be tarred and feathered if you do not show some initiative on using the Oh Holy Search Function...

my .02

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
It's just the two seats and door panels - pretty simple.
+1

If you can't wait and are willing to pay a little more, but not enough for a new car, then just buy a car with the paint you want and swap the interior.

You can also probably sell the interior parts here or on eBaY to help recover some of the cost of whatever interior you end up buying.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I just traded in my 06 starlight black with red interior elise to Todd at Lotus of Portland. Give him call to see if you guys can make a deal. He'll treat you well!

1 - 20 of 65 Posts