The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in Flushing, NY. After a few minutes, a young Korean lady approaches my table and asks, "do you live around here?" (I'm frantically trying to make sense of this rendezvous and conclude its unlikely she associated me with my Lotus). She sits down, we chat, then she asks, "Are you Christian?" I thank her for talking to me, she leaves only to pester a few other customers.

If only... . I could have stood up and shouted indignantly, "You want to do what??? Right here???" :no:

Lotus content - I got home, checked my e-mail, and there's notification of a private message from Jessie on PureSportscar.com. The message preaches the virtues of Buddhism.

Two in one day.

Has anyone else been the target of Jessie's preaching? Does PureSportscar.com care about stuff like this?

·
Registered
430 Posts
in Flushing, NY. After a few minutes, a young Korean lady approaches my table and asks, "do you live around here?" (I'm frantically trying to make sense of this rendezvous and conclude its unlikely she associated me with my Lotus). She sits down, we chat, then she asks, "Are you Christian?" I thank her for talking to me, she leaves only to pester a few other customers.

If only... . I could have stood up and shouted indignantly, "You want to do what??? Right here???" :no:

Lotus content - I got home, checked my e-mail, and there's notification of a private message from Jessie on PureSportscar.com. The message preaches the virtues of Buddhism.

Two in one day.

Has anyone else been the target of Jessie's preaching? Does PureSportscar.com care about stuff like this?
Why does everyone get so offended by religion? It's not like either person was trying to get you to declare a jihad and strap a bomb to your chest, dude, so relax.

I'm not endorsing or condoning whatever it is your so upset about. Press delete, say no thanks, whatever floats your boat - but don't get all huffy about it and expect anyone to feel bad for you. There are much bigger fish to fry and if you need to be offended or get get angry at something - pick something that's actually a detriment to society (like illegal immigration, or taxes, or Barack Obama, or the war in Iraq, or the price of gas, or.... you get my point.)

·
Registered
6,570 Posts
Hang on to your hats....here we go!

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
our father who art in heaven, Colin Chapman be thy name
thy factory come, thy championships be done, on the track as it is in turn seven
give us this day our trail braking
and forgive us our wide apexes, as we forgive those that accelerate against us
and lead us not into gravel traps, but deliver us from mid corner lift
for thine is the constructor, the power, and the glory for ever and ever - Amen

:shift:

·
Registered
6,570 Posts
thy factory come, thy championships be done, on the track as it is in turn seven

That about says it all. Mods, lock this thread!

·
Registered
1,019 Posts

I'd love to see a priest wearing a helmet and a Sparco suite recite this at the altar. :bow:

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
One man's poison is another man's ... However that goes. :bow:

Over the centuries, missionaries in Asia made very positive contributions. :clap:

But when I'm eating my pizza, leave me alone (unless she's gonna do a lap dance, whatever that is.) -poke-

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Why does everyone get so offended by religion? )
So, if 5 people approached you a day, that wouldn't bother you. How 'bout 50, 600. I don't want strange people coming up to me to ask for change, discuss politics, talk about chess, or cruise vacations. Plus, it's sad that these zealots are so brainwashed that they've just let their lives go and this is the one and only thing in their life. There is a major religion believe it or not that doesn't allow prostilization. Maybe there's a good reason.

·
Registered
6,570 Posts
So, if 5 people approached you a day, that wouldn't bother you. How 'bout 50, 600. I don't want strange people coming up to me to ask for change, discuss politics, talk about chess, or cruise vacations. Plus, it's sad that these zealots are so brainwashed that they've just let their lives go and this is the one and only thing in their life. There is a major religion believe it or not that doesn't allow prostilization. Maybe there's a good reason.
Why is is sad if they are content, and you are not in fact being injured? Inconvenienced, annoyed, maybe. You have no constitutional rights to avoid those. Injured? that's another matter.

Anyway, if you don't want strange people 'coming up to you' to talk about all sorts of things, why do you 'come' here? You won't find a wider variety of topics, or a stranger group of people. And I mean that only in a nice way, of course.

The Barack supporters are 'brainwashed.' As are the Hillary supporters. As are the McCain supporters. As are the tree huggers, as are the global warming deniers, as are the 'Bill Clinton was a great president' believers, as are the wealth re-distribution believers, as are the holicost deniers, as are the pro-abortionists, as are the open border crowd...But you know what? Nobody who's been brainwashed recognizes it, in fact vehemently denies it!

Pick your poison. Wherever a positition is staked out on feeling, emotion, or pretzel logic....it fits the bill for brainwashing.

And if somebody asks me for change, 9 times out of 10 they get it. They may use it to buy crack, but at that moment in time, they probably NEED it more than I do.

I admit it, I'm brainwashed. I was talking to the wife last night, complaining about the price of gasoline, and ranting about how bad things are getting. Then, I realized I had a cell phone in my hand, was looking at a 52" TV, have a TV in most every room, had two daily drivers and a Lotus in the garage paid for, NO debts, new, paid for furniture, nice neighborhood, kids through college with no debts, food in the pantry, money being saved, buying the good liquor, good jobs for both of us....

And then I think about Muyanmar and China, and countless other places. I realized the lib media is brainwashing me into believing how bad I've got it.

It's not as good as it was. But it's not bad.

Somebody wants to come up to me and preach their word? I don't care. If it doesn't resonate, I ignore it. I certainly don't get upset about it.

·
Banned
1,348 Posts
<object width="425" height="355">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fic56JN7aIw&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></object>

This explains it perfectly...

Australian Athiest is tired of Mormons knocking on his door on Saturday mornings. So he takes it on the road to Salt Lake City Utah and does the same thing for Atheism. They don't seem so cool with it when roles are reversed.

·
Registered
6,570 Posts
<object width="425" height="355">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fic56JN7aIw&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></object>

This explains it perfectly...

Australian Athiest is tired of Mormons knocking on his door on Saturday mornings. So he takes it on the road to Salt Lake City Utah and does the same thing for Atheism. They don't seem so cool with it when roles are reversed.
No, it's an intersting study in human nature, but does not actually EXPLAIN anything at all, let alone perfectly.

The thing that comes to mind is why does this bother him so greatly as to travel half way 'round the world to 'prove a point.' He's a nut job.

Why doesn't he complain about the Merry Maids, the new Chinese Restaurant that delivers , the gutter cleaning company, the lawn company, the deck company....who all come around 'before noon' on Saturday morning?

·
Registered
11,221 Posts

That's awesome!!!! :shift::shift::shift:

·
Registered
430 Posts
One man's poison is another man's ... However that goes. :bow:

Over the centuries, missionaries in Asia made very positive contributions. :clap:

But when I'm eating my pizza, leave me alone (unless she's gonna do a lap dance, whatever that is.) -poke-
Uh, huh huh huh. You said 'missionary'.

Plus, it's sad that these zealots are so brainwashed that they've just let their lives go and this is the one and only thing in their life. There is a major religion believe it or not that doesn't allow prostilization. Maybe there's a good reason.
I'd rather they were brainwashed to follow the ten commandments or believe in pacifism - rather than to fly planes into buildings, treat women like possessions and teach retarded people how to blow up busses.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I'd rather they were brainwashed to follow the ten commandments or believe in pacifism - rather than to fly planes into buildings, treat women like possessions and teach retarded people how to blow up busses.
You do realize that Muslims, Jews and Christians all believe in the same God, the same biblical history, and in the life of Jesus Christ? That Muslims actually consider Jesus as a holy prophet?

And just as many, if not more people have died from Zealots in the name of Christianity as Islam. Perhaps you'd do well to read some history.

Or consider the fact that just as in Christianity you have hundreds of denominations, the same is true for Islam. And there is near equality in the population of each religion, somewhere on the order of 1.5billion each. Of which a handful are militant, very similar to militant christan cults/denominations. You just don't hear about them on the news because no one is attacking their sovereign land.

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
Population by Religion

I've told people that were too intrusive that I think it's immoral to discuss religion.
Too personal.

I think the breakdown is muslim, hindu/buddhism, christian, non-religious, and then it gets very complicated.
I think India has 35 major religions.

I hosted some Tibetan buddhist monks once and they never even asked me what I believe.
I think this was common courtesy, but I think they consider everyone part of the buddhist system regardless of belief.
I think that may be a peculiarity of some religions only, that belief is a requirement.

I wanted to take them somewhere they wanted to go.
They were too polite to express a wish.
I finally made it a spiritual obligation, to keep me from being unhappy.
A peculiar form of hospitality perhaps, bullying monks.
It turns out they wanted to go shopping.
They had been all over the country and no one had taken them to a store.
They only wanted small portable items and nothing chinese, of course.
I wonder how many people insisted on meditating with them or something like that?
A real busman's holiday for them.

They created a full sand painting over a week.
It is an extraordinarily beautiful thing to see in three dimensions.
Photography cannot capture it.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Why is is sad if they are content, and you are not in fact being injured? Inconvenienced, annoyed, maybe. You have no constitutional rights to avoid those.
Religious Fanatics are never content, if their religion was enough for them they'd be content not to bug other people. In a private business (like my restaurant) other then denying people service based on religion, race, creed, sex, or sexual orientation, I make the rules. People have NO constitutional right to go up to other customers, if they do (homeless, nuts, drunks, religious fanatics) I can throw them out, if they are profane or too loud I can throw them out, after one warning I can have them arrested, that's MY constitutional right, and I have excercized it. People have limited rights to come up to you in public, or espouse the gospel. Los Angeles and surrounding communities have decided bums cannot go up to the window of a car to ask for handouts unless summoned by the occupants. Solicitors were forced out of the airport and off other "PUBLIC" property. You absolutely have the right to avoid peoples advances, if you tell them you don't want to deal if them and they follow you its called stalking. Their rights are limited.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
I've told people that were too intrusive that I think it's immoral to discuss religion.
Too personal.

I think the breakdown is muslim, hindu/buddhism, christian, non-religious, and then it gets very complicated.
I didn't know Rastafarianism was a religion. Yah mun!

1.Christianity: 2.1 billion

2.Islam: 1.5 billion

3.Secular/Nonreligious/Agnostic/Atheist: 1.1 billion

4.Hinduism: 900 million

5.Chinese traditional religion: 394 million

6. Buddhism: 376 million

7.primal-indigenous: 300 million

8. African Traditional & Diasporic: 100 million

9.Sikhism: 23 million

10 Juche: 19 million

11Spiritism: 15 million

12Judaism: 14 million