The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lost the only key and fob I have for my 05 elise. Where do I go from here? Ive looked around the forums but haven't found much on replacing them. Any ideas aside from looking harder? Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
The fob sells on ebay, you have to go through a specific process to re-program/affiliate it with your alarm system. The key can be made from the VIN of your car by a Lotus dealer. You will need the key to program the fob. You will need the 4 digit alarm code for your car as well. Good luck

·
Registered
455 Posts
Better buy at least TWO sets so that you'll have a spare next time. ;)

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
If you are fortunate, the previous owner wrote it into the owner's manual. Otherwise, it is another thing you must get from your (hopefully local) Lotus dealer.

·
Super Moderator
5,459 Posts
Lost the only key and fob I have for my 05 elise. Where do I go from here? Ive looked around the forums but haven't found much on replacing them. Any ideas aside from looking harder? Thanks
The only solution is to contact a dealer and order new keys. They can do this from the VIN.

As mentioned you will need your PIN to code the new fobs and if you don't have it, again you can get it from a dealer.

Where do you find that code? Is it in the owners manual?
It was on a card with the manual... but you may no longer have that. You can get it from a dealer as mentioned. You defnitely should have this code and better to get it when you don't need it than need it on a weekend!!

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
If you have the code, you can disable your alarm without a working fob. This allows you to start your car with just the key (and the code) in a pinch. It takes a couple minutes to go through the key sequence and count the dash flashes to enter the code; it is not a quick dash and go solution. A dead fob battery, or a failed fob is why some people have disabled the auto-arm feature of their alarm.

·
Registered
82 Posts
If you have the code, you can disable your alarm without a working fob. This allows you to start your car with just the key (and the code) in a pinch. It takes a couple minutes to go through the key sequence and count the dash flashes to enter the code; it is not a quick dash and go solution. A dead fob battery, or a failed fob is why some people have disabled the auto-arm feature of their alarm.
I recommend you contact Sir Lotus!

·
Elise newb
342 Posts
It was on a card with the manual... but you may no longer have that. You can get it from a dealer as mentioned. You defnitely should have this code and better to get it when you don't need it than need it on a weekend!!

I just to say much I appreciate my car's PO. He kept EVERYTHING! The card was with the owners manual.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 10 of 10 Posts