·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of driving down there to liberate my car! At port: 10/25. :mad:

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
You and me both.. I've had my VIN for over two months now. I just want to drive down to the port with a flyer that says "Have You Seen My Elise?" Call 1-800-NOO-INFO

If you're as serious as I am, you can find Pasha at their 25+acre lot south of 24th Street, between 5 and the Pacific. Bring a Mack baseball cap, greased jeans, and a clipboard and Security might go easier on you.

I'm thinking long-range telephoto lens from Dixieline lumber...

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like Pasha has a tracking system.

Ah, here we go:

Automotive Services

Carson, California
Description:
This location serves as a VPC and Distribution Center for POVs, processing over 15,000 vehicles annually.

Specifications:
3.5 acres of vehicle parking and truckloading
40,000 squre feet of warehousing

The Pasha Group
Transportation Services
23803 S. Wilmington Ave.
Carson, California 90745
U.S.A.

Phone: (310) 549-7070
Fax: (310) 549-4587

http://www.pashagroup.com/shell/frame.phtml?section=Automotive&page=Home+Page

Interesting. Their site say they have a tracking system:

Port Vehicle Tracking System: Designed specifically for the exacting standards of large automotive shippers such as Mercedes-Benz, Honda or Volkswagen, Pasha OnTrackTM Port Vehicle Tracking system manages automotive fleet imports and exports. Each vehicle is monitored and tracked individually, from factory release to arrival, through purification and servicing, directly through to dealer delivery. Repairs or ancillary services, such as custom paint or installation of specialty equipment, are logged and available for reporting through add-on modules which include a body shop repair program, claims system and billing system.

Domestic Vehicle: Tracking product from allocation through to final delivery, Pasha OnTrackTM Domestic Vehicle is designed to manage point to point traffic anywhere in the U.S. It handles multiple commodity and carrier capability, automated freight bill invoicing and payment, as well as truck bills of lading. Data flows into a single location for ease of monitoring, tracking and provides a single source for management reporting, status and claims.

Vehicle Tracking and Yard Management: Manages automotive fleet imports and exports at port and railhead facilities, and various domestic and international consolidation points. Each vehicle is monitored and tracked individually, from factory release to arrival, through purification and servicing, directly through to dealer delivery. Repairs or ancillary services, such as custom paint or installation of specialty equipment, are logged and available for reporting through add-on modules, which include a body shop repair program, claims and billing system, as well as automated freight invoicing and payment.

The latest bar-coding and radio frequency technology, coupled with hand-held scanners, permits real-time status updates. Integrated EDI applications facilitate instant data transfer around the globe and provide a wide variety of reporting options.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
"Hi, I'm John Singlinglelton of JS motorsports and my GM sent me down here to find out more about your, let's see here... "On Track" car tracking system. We're looking for a car handling service that can handle the demanding needs of our overhyped enthusiast customer base and understand you have some promising technology."

"Very interesting. If I was to, say, give you a VIN number, are you saying you could actually look that car up and tell me right where it is? Why, it almost sounds like you could point me right to it. Amazing stuff, computers."

"I happen to have a VIN right here... can we try it out?"

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Although Pasha has a distribution center in Carson, they also have one in San Diego. I believe that we determined in the past that our cars are transferred from Port of Long Beach to San Diego. Not Carson.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts