The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I get my elise I plan on taking that thing to infinity, hopefully putting hundreds of thousands of miles on it. Im going to daily drive it, wash it every week, wax it every month, go through the whole car got maintenance problems every 2/3 months... But enough of my plans, how many ACTUAL miles have you all got on your elises??

:D
Sent from my ADR6300 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
261 Posts
I almost bought a 05 with >90K miles on it. It was his daily driver. The deal was agreed upon, had a flight booked for Dr.Linda to go pick it up, cashier's check, etc. He wrecked it that evening on the way home from work.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I almost bought a 05 with >90K miles on it. It was his daily driver. The deal was agreed upon, had a flight booked for Dr.Linda to go pick it up, cashier's check, etc. He wrecked it that evening on the way home from work.
:) > :D > :eek: :( :confused:

Probably was trying to have fun on his last ride... But how unlucky, what'd you end up Getting?

·
give me my second cam!
450 Posts
Mine has 94342 miles on it. Its a 05.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I'm at 69k and mine is also an 05. This is on the high side of mileage for 05's, but in addition to the poster above me, there are others with mileage in this range.

·
Registered
879 Posts
96K as of yesterday on my '05. Bought it in March of '09 with 19k.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
47K on mine. Bought it 2 years ago with 17K miles. Pretty impressive considering a) I live in Chicago and it's stored 4-5 months of the year and 2) I work from home, so not a lot of miles commuting to an office daily.

·
Registered
573 Posts
I have 71xxx on my 05. It's my DD, bought it with 35k a year and a half ago, and it sat for the last 6 months, so yeah, I drive a little :shift:

·
give me my second cam!
450 Posts
Have you had any major problems? What has been your most expensive fix/repair?

Have not had a thing go wrong....yet...knock on wood! I am the second owner and I know the original owner well and I first met him a few months after he first got the car. He never had to fix anything except for two recalls. One for the front speaker covers and the other for the shifter brace or renforcement. Evrything else is just been normal maintenance. So far the most expensive thing I have had to do is buy a set of new tires and hawk brake pads.

·
Registered
310 Posts
just passed 60k last week. 2005 Elise. No problems other than a broken oil cooler line.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Have not had a thing go wrong....yet...knock on wood! I am the second owner and I know the original owner well and I first met him a few months after he first got the car. He never had to fix anything except for two recalls. One for the front speaker covers and the other for the shifter brace or renforcement. Evrything else is just been normal maintenance. So far the most expensive thing I have had to do is buy a set of new tires and hawk brake pads.
:D:D:D:D:D

Nice!!!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts