The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I brought my 10 year old with me yesterday to drive a 13 S, just to see how we fit. I have an 89 911 that I regularly take my kids out in, here's an old pic but everyone still fits fine. Not so much the Evora, the rear bench is really high, so headroom is very limited, and my 10 year old could not get her feet down on the passenger side unless the passenger seat was fully forward. Wondering if anyone regularly transports children in your Evora and how the experience has been. I'm kinda bummed, did not expect it to be that tight.

Attachments

Premium Member
Does it really matter when your family is that good looking?
Lol.
Your daughter looks like a mini me of your wife.
That certainly looks tight. Is your wife's seat in full forward in that picture?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, there's a reason I'm not in the picture! LOL I regularly take 2 kids and a 70 lb lab with me in the Fiat 500, so we are used to tight spaces. I'm going to take one more test drive with both kids, but I'm worried the Evora is too small :( It's gotta be big enough for me and 2 kids

Happy Easter/Passover everyone!

Registered
My twin 4 year olds love it for now.....

Registered
Yeah, that's why I got the Evora instead of another 2 seater.

Illegal Alien
While it obviously will be dependent on the length of the journey I will put 2 twelve year olds and a 7 year old in the car for in town trips. Yes the pass seat needs pulling forward but adult leg room remains in front.

Registered
Does it really matter when your family is that good looking?
Lol.
Your daughter looks like a mini me of your wife.
That certainly looks tight. Is your wife's seat in full forward in that picture?

That is the most round about "your wife is hot comment" made on this forum:clap:

I lived in RI for 3 years up till recently, never met another Lotus owner:huh::facepalm

Any pics of the 911 from the outside?

Registered
Have a 9 and 5 year and carry them around all the time. In fact the rear seats were a major draw for me to get the evora.

Get a booster from bubblebum to solve the height problem. Daughter (5) loves the bench as she can nap there.

Registered
You know, my son's 7 and really doesn't need a booster seat for the Evora. Is he really any safer with it?

Registered
Depends on where the belt comes across his body.

Perfectly across the shoulder. I was thinking maybe it would absorb just a little bit of the force of an impact but probably so negligible to make a difference. So, I'm using it only for legal reasons.

Registered
I have 4 and 2 year-old boys that ride with me quite often. Not regularly, but every weekend for sure. Both my wife and myself are under 5 6" so it's not too tight. I ripped out the back seats and put in matching red-piped Recaros.

Our other car is minivan so the comfort shock is extreme, but my boys love riding in the "racecar" and hearing the exhaust note.

Registered
i don't know you Resnone1 but from what I can tell, you're a pretty good Dad!

Registered
My wife is 5'6" and I and 5'10" but I have short legs so we both have the seat a fair way forward. I have owned 10 Lotuses and sill have 4 so it is so great to finally all be able to travel in the one Lotus together in comfort to club events. In the past we have had to take 2 cars.

Because they will always have enough legroom I'm planning on getting some new rear seat bases made when the get too tall. I'm not sure why Lotus made the rear seat base so fat?

Registered
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for the comments everyone. I'm going back with both kids to take a drive and see how we fit. I need to be able to pick them up from school. Here's a pic of the PCar per request

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter #20
And a car guy family portrait :)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 32 Posts