1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Super Moderator
4,033 Posts
The other set is being sold by 'carsalesman'. i bought his S4S OZ Futura wheels a few months ago. i really like the Novas but finding a complete set at any price is so hard.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If I hadnt already bought wheels a couple months ago I would have bought them! $3100 is a great deal!

·
Registered
519 Posts
Yea it is Im only short one wheel didnt want to go above that.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Hmmmmm, i got lucky when an Arizona man sold me a freaking brand new Lotus OZ wheels for $1,500 for 4 wheels...

The guy won it in a storage bidding war (like in the TV series).
Apparently he didn't know the price & he has tons of other things to dispose.

·
Super Moderator
4,033 Posts
Hmmmmm, i got lucky when an Arizona man sold me a freaking brand new Lotus OZ wheels for $1,500 for 4 wheels...

The guy won it in a storage bidding war (like in the TV series).
Apparently he didn't know the price & he has tons of other things to dispose.
I remember that - and I was still too new to the Esprit World to realize even at $2K that NOS set was a steal. The guy's storage locker was in arrears and he got the contents for a song.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I dunno who won those but I lost on the extra-crispy chargecooler. I need one but $151 was too much to risk on an untested unit.

I did score the front chargecooler tubes for $19.99, mine are covered with J-B weld.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I won the wheels.
At this point I'm planning on using them for a while likely on the Esprit redo that we are working on for my personal car.
Eventually I am sure I will sell them again like the last set of Novas I had.

Randy

PS: Artie's black Esprit is on the road looking as sharp as ever, and we will be selling it very soon, just getting the last few items in order.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Nice last min bid you placed.:thwack:

I won the wheels.
At this point I'm planning on using them for a while likely on the Esprit redo that we are working on for my personal car.
Eventually I am sure I will sell them again like the last set of Novas I had.

Randy

PS: Artie's black Esprit is on the road looking as sharp as ever, and we will be selling it very soon, just getting the last few items in order.

·
Super Moderator
4,033 Posts
Nice last min bid you placed.:thwack:

Hope you realize that there are tools that automatically bid for you up until the last minute? That way, you don't have to bid in real time. And it prevents those bid retractors from finding out your max bid.

On the OZ Nova auction, someone bidded $1900 (became the max bidder), then RETRACTED IT and put a lower max bid. That's because NOW he knew what the high bidder (YOU!) was bidding. It's sleazy, but it happens.

The down side is - if you bid last minute and it's not high enough, you don't have time to reconsider.

It definitely cuts both ways.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Lol yes I seen that :) ready for next time. I currently have saturns on the car and as you know I have the 3 novas it's ok not in a big rush.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
I don't have proof of this strategy; I believe a round number bid is not a good strategy... Bid 3003... Not 3000... Thinking that majority of people set their auto-bidders to top out at round numbers...

·
Super Moderator
4,033 Posts
I don't have proof of this strategy; I believe a round number bid is not a good strategy... Bid 3003... Not 3000... Thinking that majority of people set their auto-bidders to top out at round numbers...
SHHHHHHH!!!! You're giving away all the bidding tricks! :facepalm

·
Registered
265 Posts
I too lost the taillight panel at the last second...things happen for a reason...we can now get the same part at a good price from the guy in Thailand that is not previously burnt.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ive used JBidwatcher for years, only lost like once item used it to bid on. I have it set to shove the bid in 5 seconds before auction ends..

·
Registered
676 Posts
Ah well.. I *wanted* them, but didn't need them.. Couldn't justify spending more than I was bidding at.. But if you ever want to sell them, post it! :)

·
Registered
327 Posts
I ended up more pissed off by this car than my own. I saved several things in my watch list off this car, but... somehow... I ended up with two watch list??? I have no F&^%$ng idea what the heck happened with eGhey, but I'm more than annoyed. Anyway, I didn't get a single notice that a single item from this car was ending in my email... I guess maybe my phone and computer created some vortex of watch list or something... On the plus side, if I use the computer and go to ''All list'', I'm now watching 382 items...

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I ended up more pissed off by this car than my own. I saved several things in my watch list off this car, but... somehow... I ended up with two watch list??? I have no F&^%$ng idea what the heck happened with eGhey, but I'm more than annoyed. Anyway, I didn't get a single notice that a single item from this car was ending in my email... I guess maybe my phone and computer created some vortex of watch list or something... On the plus side, if I use the computer and go to ''All list'', I'm now watching 382 items...
I've bought from him in the past and so has Guy. He is open to 'reasonable' private offers so send him an email on anything you are looking for as he does not list everything (even though it looks like he does rotfl)

·
Registered
136 Posts
I lost the front lip spoilers by a last minute bid :mad:

I did get the low coolant level rheostat for $10 (over $300 new!)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts