Registered
2,546 Posts
herpa said:
Hi pianomaniac

Do u know where around have HIV kit for Elise
because the stock one is totally not enough

Maybe you mean an HID kit?

or an STD kit?

Sorry, but I don't know where to buy either one.

:no:

rotfl

·
shay2nak
25,131 Posts
I don't know either. I used to live in Glendale for a long ass time and the only place I know that might have it is Pit Stop on S. Brand Blvd before all the car dealerships. You can try them, but I would continue looking around if I were you.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
herpa said:
alright, thank you for letting me know
Herpa, I take it you live in Pasadena and you have an Elise? What color? Just curious, I haven't seen another one here yet.

Ron

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Don't go to PitStop in Glendale. I bought a set of wheels for my previous Ferrari from the "owner" who then didn't deliver the wheels. It took almost two years of trying before he passed me a bogus check to "pay me back" for the wheels. This is a felony offense and I turned it over to the DA who had him arrested and he finally paid me back in cashier's checks via an agreement with his attorney. BTW, his cousin owns the stereo shop next door and he's an honest guy to work with. I've had great experiences with the stereo shop.

Just my "Public Service Announcement."

Bob

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
herpa said:
Hi pianomaniac

Do u know where around have HIV kit for Elise
because the stock one is totally not enough
As it was explained to me, it is illegal for companies to sell HID kits in the US. Private individuals are still allowed to import them (and sell them, I believe).

·
shay2nak
25,131 Posts
rtking said:
Don't go to PitStop in Glendale. I bought a set of wheels for my previous Ferrari from the "owner" who then didn't deliver the wheels. It took almost two years of trying before he passed me a bogus check to "pay me back" for the wheels. This is a felony offense and I turned it over to the DA who had him arrested and he finally paid me back in cashier's checks via an agreement with his attorney. BTW, his cousin owns the stereo shop next door and he's an honest guy to work with. I've had great experiences with the stereo shop.

Just my "Public Service Announcement."

Bob
Wow, that sucks. At least you got your money back. This is why I said to continue looking around.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
herpa said:
Is anyone live around Pasadena area?
I used to live on Chevy Chase several years ago. Heaven! :)

In terms of HID, I'm only familar with the places mentioned in Glendale. I do know Momo has a distributer in Montebello.

However, it may be safer to order HIDs from someone who has experience with the Elise:

Sector 111 has some PIAA lights:
http://www.sector111.com/piaalights.html

There's also another company that sold true HID kits for the S2 Elise. It was around $400. I'll try to find their link.

·
Registered
3,970 Posts

·
Registered
7,610 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Finally i already install the HIV already, and itz much better then the stock crapy onez. Mine is a GG with sport, touring. And i got the HIV kit for not more than 500 with 2 years warranty for it. i think itz a deal tho

1 - 14 of 14 Posts