The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the C&C today (Irvine) to see what the fallout was, and to see what showed up.

Talked to the person that organizes the event (forgot his name but vary nice guy) and he said that all Lotus car are more then welcome, and he loved the color of my car. So our cars are still more then welcome to get in.

He said the real guideline to if your car should get in or not is if other people stop to look at it or not. If people walk by it without noticing and there’s nothing hiding inside, it doesn’t belong in the lot.

As for how many showed up today, due to the holiday weekend, and threat of rain, the lot was maybe 2/5th to ½ full.

As for what showed up today, wish I had my camera, a vary real Gulf Porsche 917-K. vary nice.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
That's cool that Lotus are still welcome.

·
Registered
807 Posts
He said the real guideline to if your car should get in or not is if other people stop to look at it or not. If people walk by it without noticing and there’s nothing hiding inside, it doesn’t belong in the lot.
that's the problem though with C&C; people tend to have an overinflated sense of automotive self importance. they think people will stop and look at their bone stock 911, SL500, pontiac solstice or GTO. they may have worked all their lives to afford their dream car and while it may be their pride and joy, it's another guy's daily beater commuter. you're gonna offend and piss off some people, but i think 'regulating' who can come into the exhibitor lot, especially when it gets crowded, was long overdue.

·
Registered
107 Posts
It’s not do you think people will, but do people stop you to look at your car, do people pull out their cameras and take a pic of your car.
And that highlights what I feel is the challenge of C&C. In my mind the show is all about diversity both new and old. My arctic silver 05 Elise gets plenty of thumbs up around town and pics of it taken at C&C. But if another couple of Elise or Exiges make the show my car tends to blend in (which is why I choose arctic silver in the first place).

Same applies to the 64 Morris Mini Cooper I drove to the show yesterday. On it's own many people take a moment to look it over and several did yesterday from what I saw. But if I rolled in with the local Mini club it would be Mini overload and become a blur. Too many of any one type of car (from Ferrari's to Mustangs) is not good for the show and that will always be a problem. I'm just thankful C&C is still with us and I know there will always be at least a few cars of interest to me on display.

Where else are you going to see a Porsche 917 in the flesh on a Saturday morning?

John

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Ah this is nice to hear that the rules have been relaxed and that we are welcome...

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
The truth is, there just aren't enough Lotuses in SoCal for us to ever be a threat to "swamp" the show. (Like the M3 or S2K crowd.)

Lotuses will always be rare, and hopefully always welcome.

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
The truth is, there just aren't enough Lotuses in SoCal for us to ever be a threat to "swamp" the show. (Like the M3 or S2K crowd.)

Lotuses will always be rare, and hopefully always welcome.

At the motor4toys show there was something like 40+ Lotus that showed up, I'd consider that swamping the show. Albeit, at M4toys, you're meant to swamp the show :shrug:

Personally, I think at C&C rounding up a group of more than 4-5 of the same car and showing up together is swamping the show

1 - 8 of 8 Posts