The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Everyone!
A few of us are heading down to C&C this Saturday from Valencia. We will be leaving the Woodlands Community at 6:30 AM. We will be meeting another group at 6:45 AM at the bottom of the Santa Monica Blvd exit - 405 fwy. Good for jumping on/off 405 fwy and from there going straight to the event.
So far there are several of us going and several more that are tentative. Please let me know if you are attending and where you will meet us.

SCV Exotic Club

Attending:
Chris - Ferrari 360
Brian - Lotus Elise
Will - S2000
Richard Scott- F430
Guy - Classic Corvette
Lou - Lamborghini Gallardo
Jim - 1995 S4 Esprit

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Hi Everyone!
A few of us are heading down to C&C this Saturday from Valencia. We will be leaving the Woodlands Community at 6:30 AM. We will be meeting another group at 6:45 AM at the bottom of the Santa Monica Blvd exit - 405 fwy. Good for jumping on/off 405 fwy and from there going straight to the event.
So far there are several of us going and several more that are tentative. Please let me know if you are attending and where you will meet us.

SCV Exotic Club

Attending:
Chris - Ferrari 360
Brian - Lotus Elise
Will - S2000
Richard Scott- F430
Guy - Classic Corvette

Brian,

Where is this SoCal Coffee meet?

--Hal

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Where the 405 and the 5 meet.
If on the 405 going south, get off at Irvine center dr. and go left over the free way to Gateway Blvd, and go right. You are there.

Ford, Mazda offices

For those with Google Earth. Pointer 33.39’29.03” N 117.44’52.79” W

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
One more thing about the Irvine C&C is the exodus is started by 8:30 and it’s big time over & done with by 9:00. It starts at 7:00, and the few times I have been there by 7:05 it was full and going on. People must get there at 6:30 or something about then.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Hi Hal,
Here is a link - Cars and Coffee™ Irvine

Hope to see you there!
Unfortunately, Time/Space continuum will keep me from going there.:sad:
Time: I'd have to get up at 4AM to get there at 6:30am. I'm NOT a morning person!:eek:
Space: It's 90 miles away on the most crowded freeways in So. Cal! The traffic will eventually creep in too!

I'll try the Sunday's "Gold Chain" sSupercar Show on Mulholland near Calabasas. Also a short Lotus Drive in the Santa Monica Mts/canyons after the show (everyone is invited!).

Thanks for the invite, Brian!
--Hal

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
If I remember right, it takes me about 50 minuets to go from about where the C&C is (the 405 and 5, known as the El Toro Y) to the 405 and the sunset blvd. off ramp on a Saturday morning that early.

Come on Hal. No need to get there at 6:30, aim at 7:10 and you are good.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
No I get there right before 7, like 6:50 and it's usually fine - we're always parked near the back anyways

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Maybe who ever gets there first park fat* so those who get there later can fit.

*Parking fat*, those who get there early take up as much space as you can (as in an extra 3-4 feet between cars, don't fallow the lines) so as to later move closer for those who get there later.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Some people go drive Ortega Hwy after. A few Cobras and I after C&C have met up at a spot for breakfast and then head to Ortega. A nice fun drive. If you like fallow me and I will show where to go.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Hi Everyone!

Attending:
Chris - Ferrari 360
Brian - Lotus Elise
Will - S2000
Richard Scott- F430
Guy - Classic Corvette
Where on Santa Monica? I could meet you guys there.

Jim
'slightly' modified 1995 S4 Esprit

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Where on Santa Monica? I could meet you guys there.

Jim
'slightly' modified 1995 S4 Esprit
Jim,
traveling on the 405 fwy south, exit Santa Monica, and at the bottom of the ramp there will be a Chevron gas station to your right. That is where we will pick up the second group at 6:45 AM

See you there!

1 - 20 of 74 Posts