The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 249 Posts

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are looking for interest in creating an event. The date would be May 21, Saturday. Location would be Qualcomm Stadium in San Diego...close to anywhere else in SoCal! Qualcomm affords a large open parking lot, cool weather, and easy access.

Format would be very limited entry numbers and costs to cover our lot and insurance fees. Standard practice day format. A number of instructors will be available for group and one-on-one instruction. As many runs as you can get in before the day ends. It should be a lot. First car out at 9:00am, probably run until 5:00pm..then maybe an optional dinner.

Loaner helmets will be available.

Price is $65 for club members. Includes refreshments during the day and a catered lunch. To make this work, we would be looking at maybe 25 or 30 Elise entrants. We would bring in certain selected SoCal SCCA people to help run the event and instruct.

The focus is on those looking to develop or improve their car control, but specially those that are on the fence about doing this kind of thing. A no-pressure, very safe environment to develop the feel of what their car can do and also how to handle the car when reacting to accident avoidance and more....

And yes, blue tape will be provided. :)
Click on here for specific info-
http://www.elisetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11858&page=4&pp=20

·
Registered
220 Posts
Randy Chase said:
And yes, blue tape will be provided. :)
Note to self: buy 3M stock.

·
Registered
5,167 Posts
Count me in! This time I provide a home address so you guys can make me come.

- J

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
I'm interested.....not definite commitment but great probability.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Robert Puertas said:
Ah come on Craig, I promise not to scare you quite as bad this time.
:)
The bigger fear I have on that date is my crew taking my boat out without me. It is the last weekend of 4 for the SF 2005 Worlds Qualifier.

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Cool. That is at least 10 people so far. Andrew, you are included if you are in town.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Randy Chase said:
Cool. That is at least 10 people so far. Andrew, you are included if you are in town.
I should be here. :nanner:

1 - 20 of 249 Posts