The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a place to get some 3M Crystalline tint on my car and want to know where is the best place to get it done at. I am located in Orange County, CA right now and looking to get it within a month or so. I am from the Bay Area though, so if there is a shop you recommend there I might be interested although I prefer it to be in socal. I really want some place that is reasonable but that stands behind their work. I dont plan on getting tint anytime soon after I spend this kind of money for tint. I have read all of the threads concerning this kind of tint and pictures, etc so now I just need to find a place to get it done.

Right now I am thinking of get 50% all the way around and possibly 70% on windshield. I am still trying to decide on the windshield at this point.

If anybody is able to meet up with me anytime soon to let me see what their tint is like in person that would definitely help me out, since I want to make sure its not too dark from the inside as well.

Any help is greatly appreciated as well. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
I got mine done at executint in mission viejo. I didn't use it on the sides because I got 20% (FL plates) and got 70% crystalline on the windshield...for the evora the windshield and sides were 450ish or something along those lines I cant remember including tax. The crystalline isn't cheap and because the Lotus windshields are so curved, it takes a long time for them to get in there and do it properly. The extra labor is where the cost comes from.

I love it on mine-I'm not in Orange County anymore or I'd let you take a look but a few of the other OC guys looked at my car. Makes a difference out here and out there in the sun.

There is SLIGHT distortion down low around the worst part of the curve but it is hardly noticeable..you literally have to be looking for it and cannot notice it on the road. It is just an inherent part of that film on a curved surface.

Tint shot:

and fwiw....the crystalline by itself is hardly noticeable on the windshield. There are however tiny subtle 3m logos randomly in the film. On mine it is all in the lowest extremities out of line of sight.

I had a pic looking through the windshield from inside but I deleted it sorry.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Your Evora looks good!

How do you feel the vision through the windshield improved? Did it get rid of glare from other cars, etc.? Trying to use my sunglasses less in my car and you actually have about the same amount of windows that I have.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
it helps cut glare, and has a sort of polarizing effect it seems, however I still wear my polarized sun glasses while driving. I would say you probably wouldn't have to as much with it on because it is much easier on the eyes.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SirLotus-I have seen your threads on all of the work that you posted and about the tint. Really just looking for places to get it done as of right now and see what the tint looks like from the inside to get a better idea.

invictusmaneo-that's good to hear because I cant see anything almost when I am driving because the car is so low and there isnt any tint at all on the car. The reflections from all the cars is irritating and always having to wear sunglasses as well.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No one has any recommendations on shops in the SoCal area for doing Crystalline tint? I will be getting it done this weekend and trying to find the best bang for my buck but great installation because I will have to deal with it for some time.

·
Registered
825 Posts
No one has any recommendations on shops in the SoCal area for doing Crystalline tint? I will be getting it done this weekend and trying to find the best bang for my buck but great installation because I will have to deal with it for some time.
I've used two shops one in LA and one in Orange county.

I recommend Campbell window film in OC. They're a bit pricey but they stand behind their work and do a great job.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
i recommended one in my post as well...executint in mission viejo did my evora

1 - 11 of 11 Posts