The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone INTERESTED?? Jack & Rosie? Kerri? James? Mark? Simon? Ara? Luis? Bueller? Anyone ELSE?

Date: SUNDAY June 1st
Time: 10:30 AM
Place: SUPERCAR SUNDAY SHOW (Woodland Hills/Calabasas...Valley Circle and Mulholland)

What's happening? A CAR SHOW AND A LOTUS DRIVE!! I'll get there about 9 am to stake a good spot. I'll grab coffee and croissant and enjoy the cars and talk to the owners. You'll find Terry and I with our Saffron Yellow '05 Elise shined and polished for the show. License is "STARVUE". Our exodus from the show will be 10:30 am and we'll line up on the shoulder on Mulholland for our drive....

THE DRIVE: We'll drive some of the BEST LOTUS ROADS in Santa Monica Mountains soaking up the coastal and mountain scenery and the beautiful warm Southern California sunshine! Weather? Prediction is BEAUTIFUL AND SUNNY! The drive will be approximately 2 hours at a moderate pace. YOUR pace! Our route is planned so that you can drive comfortably (especially if you are carrying a passenger) and you will not be lost. We'll end a a local restaurant for lunch so we can talk Lotus!

TO BRING: Sunglasses, sunblock, drinking water, FRS Radio (optional but very convenient), camera, full tank, empty bladder!

INTEREST LIST:

1. Hal & Terry '05 Else SY
2. YOU and your LOTUS SHOULD BE HERE!

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
May catch you there, but I need to be home by noon so plan to leave the show by 9-9:30 to go for a ride.

You start your drives way too late for me ;)

·
Registered
369 Posts
Hal,
Let me see how my week-end develops. I will try and make it out, but it might be at the later time, as you time is too earlier, as I usually will try to get a bike ride in before and avoid running into any fellow cyclists. Usually the cyclist try to ride in the morning when it is cool, so running through the canyon's at a later time you will not have to deal with as many cyclists.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Let's get together....

Hey Jack! Get that '06 BRG Elise some exercise before it's covered with cobwebs and no one can recognize as a LOTUS!:p

Mopho: Hope to see you at the show! We can adjust the "Lotus Drive" start time, but most of the particpants run LATE on Sunday (not early). Kerri wants a late start.:shrug:

The most important is just getting together, even it's just talking "Lotus" at the car show. "Stationary" Lotus.....I enjoy that too!:D

--Hal

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
I am back from vacation but don't have new tires yet, going to be dropping by Lotus BH next week for that. Are you still planning a drive for June 14th or was it 15th?

·
Failed at Self Control
653 Posts
Hal, I'm really going to try to make the meet in the morning but can't go for the drive. :( I'm buried with work right now. :panic:

Keep your eyes open for me, I may beat you there, but maybe not.

How does that meet work, just park where ever? :confused:

- z

·
Registered
369 Posts
Hal, PM me with your phone number and we could still meet up. If no one else is going can we push it a half later as I have another commitiment from 8-10am.

Kerri

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
HEY!

Thanks for Blake, Steve, Kerri, and Mark for bringing for cars and hanging out at the SuperCar Show this morning! They sure bought a lot of attention when they were parked together! Congatulations, Kerri, for your Ferrari aquistion. That Ferrari Red in our drive this morning brought class to the road!:D

I spotted an Eleven Lotus on Westlake Blvd. this morning. I think it was a westfield Kit. The driver waved at us!:bow:

I'd like a Lotus dinner/Hang Out once a month. Friday night in Ventura County. Anyboby? Any ideas?

Here's some pics

Attachments

·
Registered
539 Posts
D'oh.. Sorry Hal

Just now saw this thread. If i'm around i'll try to make the next one.

Hope you guys had fun.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I'd like a Lotus dinner/Hang Out once a month. Friday night in Ventura County. Anyboby? Any ideas?

Sounds like fun, could do
Maconi Grill (hard to see the cars),
Jack's Deli- Westlake Blvd.
Chuy's- Agoura (Friday's lobster taco night)
Budda Bar- Agoura Rd (pricer)
BJ's Westlake blvd

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Very cool. It looks like a Skittles ad with them lined up like that! I feel bad for that Mini in the background with the huge wing attached to the roof though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts