The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have limo hookups? My daughter and a group of her friends are looking for a limo for their senior prom. Thanks.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Quit being cheap and just pay limo fees. Or if you want, I'll pick up one of the girls(not your daughter of course) in the exige ;) I am only 20 :)

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Anyone have limo hookups? My daughter and a group of her friends are looking for a limo for their senior prom. Thanks.

Last time I purchased limo service, the way I found the best deal was calling around and asking what the best price they could give me was. Then I'd ask if they could beat the price offered by the last place. Ended up getting a limo for 6 hours for about $250.

·
Registered
891 Posts
:rolleyes:

The fact that you're "only 20" is definitely showing.
You must not like women. The reason I state that I am 20 is because 20 is more acceptable to date a high school senior at the age of 18 than say, a 35 year old man.

To the OP, depending on what kind of limo you want to get, the best way is to shop around. However a 250 dollar limo isn't going to be much more than a high school dissapointment and usually end in "Dad you ruined my one and only senior prom." A decent limo will run you at least 1200 dollars if you get an SUV limo which are by far better than a traditional 250 dollar limo. I believe for my prom, I had an escalade limo which sat 22 people and it ran 1700 from 3pm-1am.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
You must not like women. The reason I state that I am 20 is because 20 is more acceptable to date a high school senior at the age of 18 than say, a 35 year old man.

Based on your self-defeating methodology, I imagine I enjoy the company of women quite a bit more than you my friend. My 2001 Jeep Wrangler that's falling apart and sounds like a dying asthmatic gets more game than my lotus.

(I'm not sure I'd refer to an 18 year old girl as a 'woman' either. Most people under 25 or so these days I would not refer to as men and women--no offense)

IMO, the traditional limo is substantially classier than the stretch-calade on chrome 22s. All limo services essentially offer the same thing, whether you're paying $250 or $1250. Your choices basically boil down to whether or not you want a white or a black limo.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Based on your self-defeating methodology, I imagine I enjoy the company of women quite a bit more than you my friend. My 2001 Jeep Wrangler that's falling apart and sounds like a dying asthmatic gets more game than my lotus.

(I'm not sure I'd refer to an 18 year old girl as a 'woman' either. Most people under 25 or so these days I would not refer to as men and women--no offense)
No offense taken. I am not a typical 20 year old. I am not going to get into the details of why I am not for the 50th time defending myself against the mass generalizations of the people my age.

I am not sure what neck of the woods you are from but my Lotus gets way more game than my 750il which is twice the price of the Lotus. Also my Lexus has no pull. Maybe it's just the fact that I live in Orange county where BMW, MB and lexus are the norm.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
No offense taken. I am not a typical 20 year old. I am not going to get into the details of why I am not for the 50th time defending myself against the mass generalizations of the people my age.

I am not sure what neck of the woods you are from but my Lotus gets way more game than my 750il which is twice the price of the Lotus. Also my Lexus has no pull. Maybe it's just the fact that I live in Orange county where BMW, MB and lexus are the norm.

I'm down in San Diego and I'm 22. The car gets a lot of attention from dudes and middle-aged to older-aged women but that's about it. :shrug: Girls will like the car, but it's not exactly like they see it and throw themselves at me.

·
Registered
891 Posts
I'm down in San Diego and I'm 22. The car gets a lot of attention from dudes and middle-aged to older-aged women but that's about it. :shrug: Girls will like the car, but it's not exactly like they see it and throw themselves at me.
Hah that's funny that you call me out and are not much older than me. In fact I think I met you at the Stig party. I am not into older-aged women unfortunately. However, try driving the Lotus by the high school lunch hangouts at lunch time and the Seniors I am sure will throw themselves at you. I don't pick up any of the girls since I am married, but there is no harm in some fun right?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Last time I purchased limo service, the way I found the best deal was calling around and asking what the best price they could give me was. Then I'd ask if they could beat the price offered by the last place. Ended up getting a limo for 6 hours for about $250.
so......back on topic...

usually a limo is that price year round....

however, since it is prom season....i highly doubt you will find anything lower than 700.

i know cuz i work with that industry.

my .02

1 - 10 of 10 Posts