·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
When: Sunday May 4th
Time :10:30AM
Starting Point: Parking Lot of Chuy's/Islands Restaurant
N/W Corner of Kanan/Agoura Roads, Agoura Hills
(Take 101 freeway to Kanan Road Exit, go south 1/4 mile)
Wha's Happenin'?: A 2 hour drive on your favorite Lotus roads in the Santa Monica Mountains. This is a sprited ride, taking in the spectacular mountain and coastal scenery. On Sunday, there will be a lot of motorcycles, bicycles and the CHP, so we will observe the speed limits, slowing down in residential and populated areas.:coolnana:

The end of the drive will terminate at the same parking spot 32where it started. We'll have lunch at Chuy's or Island restaurants at 1PM!

I've decided to change the morning part.
OPTIONAL: I'll meet at the "SuperCar Sunday" show at 8 am Sunday (Calabasas/Woodland Hills on Mulholland Drive) and get coffee and croissant. Hopefully, we'll park together.
At 10:30 AM, I'll meet at the original "Chuy's/Island" Restaurants parking lot and continue our mid-morning drive!

Win: If I'm up it, I might continue driving after lunch (at Chuy's). If I'm too tired (I'm an old guy), I'm sure some of the whippersnapper Lotus drivers will accomodate your after lunch drive!

So who's comin' to this one??:confused:

1. Hal & Terry '05 SY Elise
2. Del & Christine '05 AR Elise
3. Kerri '07 Type 72D Elise
4. Mark '07 KG Elise
5. James '05 GG Elise
6. Win (Elise Owner!)
7. Steve (Future Exige owner)
8. S2000 and M roadster will be joining us!
9. YOU and your LOTUS SHOULD BE HERE!!!

PLEASE JOIN US!:wave: SEE YOU AT THE SUPERCAR SHOW OR/AND THE DRIVE!

--Hal

PS: Here's a RARE sight! A brand new Yokohama 048's just after they're installed! Notice the the markings on the tread. A few minutes after that, the twisties erased the markers!:eek:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
Also a co-worker who really loves the Elise might tag along in his S2000 if that is cool...

Weather shaping up to be sunny and 75° in Agoura Hills ! :shift:

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Del,

Before the drive, are you and Christine meeting us for Breakfast at Terri's Cafe? Sunday May 4th at 9/9:30 AM? Jack & Rosie? Anyone else?
--Hal

·
Failed at Self Control
653 Posts
Hal, I won't make breakfast because I have a few things to take care of that morning before the drive. (Like practicing keeping up :D)

- z

·
Registered
277 Posts
I'll be there ... with new tires too :D

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
Hey Del,

Before the drive, are you and Christine meeting us for Breakfast at Terri's Cafe? Sunday May 4th at 9/9:30 AM? Jack & Rosie? Anyone else?
--Hal
We will probably just go straight to the meeting point, it is a 40 min drive for me to get up to Agoura on the freeway... and I might actually meet my co-worker in his S-2000 in Santa Monica and drive up PCH over the hill vs the freeway this time to chueys.....

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
THE SCREAMING SUNDAY IS GETTING CLOSER!!

PERFECT WEATHER! HOW CAN YOU MISS THIS ONE???????:huh:
Give your Lotus a treat!
Give YOU a treat!:D

--Hal

BE THERE OR BE SQUARE!!!

·
Registered
369 Posts
PERFECT WEATHER! HOW CAN YOU MISS THIS ONE???????:huh:
Give your Lotus a treat!
Give YOU a treat!:D

--Hal

BE THERE OR BE SQUARE!!!
Yeah,
And all the photo bugs will be shooting you pictures.

I met one of the photographers as he recognized the car and gave me his web site. I found 16 pictures of my car. Kind of embarrassing, as there was more pictures of my car, than all the other elises he has taken pictures of.:D

Attachments

·
Failed at Self Control
653 Posts
Kerri ...

What was that guy's website again? I forgot.

- z

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
SLIGHT CHANGE IN THE SUNDAY PLANS!!!

I've decided to change the morning part.:panic:
OPTIONAL: I'll meet at the "SuperCar Sunday" show at 8 am Sunday (Calabasas/Woodland Hills on Mulholland Drive) and get coffee and croissant. Hopefully, we'll park together.:wave:

At 10:30 AM, I'll meet at the original "Chuy's/Island" Restaurants parking lot and continue our mid-morning drive!:D

Win: If I'm up it, I might continue driving after lunch (at Chuy's). If I'm too tired (I'm an old guy), I'm sure some of the whippersnapper Lotus drivers will accomodate your after lunch drive!:cool:

--Hal

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Put me down for 10:30 but can you PM me your number Hal? I will text you before I leave OC, otherwise, I had a rough night.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I've decided to change the morning part.:panic:
OPTIONAL: I'll meet at the "SuperCar Sunday" show at 8 am Sunday (Calabasas/Woodland Hills on Mulholland Drive) and get coffee and croissant. Hopefully, we'll park together.:wave:

At 10:30 AM, I'll meet at the original "Chuy's/Island" Restaurants parking lot and continue our mid-morning drive!:D

Win: If I'm up it, I might continue driving after lunch (at Chuy's). If I'm too tired (I'm an old guy), I'm sure some of the whippersnapper Lotus drivers will accomodate your after lunch drive!:cool:

--Hal
"Supercar Sunday" actually sounds like a great idea... Go check out some fast awesome cars... then go for a nice fast and awesome drive :evil:

but Come on Hal... you may look old but you got the spirit of a lotus driver in you... :D

I bet every time you take that beauty of a car out you feel like a kid again :shift:

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
I will be meeting at Chueys at 10:30 and skipping super car sunday, looks like an awesome day, sunny but not too hot, should be around 75° ! Don't forget your FSR Radio if you have one channel 1 - sub ch 1

·
Registered
584 Posts
I'll be at SuperCar Sunday, though on my bike (as usual for a Sunday morning), so I can represent the future Lotus owners and see everyone again from the Silver Star open house.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Yeah,
And all the photo bugs will be shooting you pictures.

I met one of the photographers as he recognized the car and gave me his web site. I found 16 pictures of my car. Kind of embarrassing, as there was more pictures of my car, than all the other elises he has taken pictures of.:D
Hey Kerri:

Nice car pics! I see those guys up there every Sunday when I go up Rock Store. I know you are a cyclist too, I have ridden with your group before, so are you riding Sunday before this roadtrip and/or are you doing the Crusin' the Conejo ride on 5/10?

·
Registered
369 Posts
Hey Kerri:

Nice car pics! I see those guys up there every Sunday when I go up Rock Store. I know you are a cyclist too, I have ridden with your group before, so are you riding Sunday before this roadtrip and/or are you doing the Crusin' the Conejo ride on 5/10?
Thanks, I always see them taking picture as I go by (in the car) not on the bike, but did not know where to find them.

Crazy Claudio is trying to get me to ride with him on Sunday morning (he was recovering from being hit by a motorcycle on Mulholland on Easter) and the Java City ride will put me back too late. I could either do an early morning ride or sleep in and recover the Ernst and Young Alumni party, latest count there is going to over 1000 people at the party.

While Crusin' the Conjo is for a worthy cause, I have dubbed it Crusin' 1000 lights:rolleyes:- as riding through Thousand Oaks, Newbury Park, Westlake, Agoura, then Rock Store, Lake Sherwood to Hotel California, Camarillo, Slimmy Valley and back, you encourter about 1000 traffic lights. While I rode it once by myself and once with my son, I have not ridden it in a while and have not given it much though.

I will do the Sundance ride tomorrow, which is Mulholland, Stunt, Piuma, Mulholland to Rock Store down Decker, about 4-5k worth of climbing.:crazyeyes

Kerri

1 - 20 of 46 Posts