The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Less W8
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Just joined as I feel this is the best place to get help, share stories, BS etc about our common addiction, otherwise know as Lotus!
I have a couple of older Elans, a 64 and a 68 SS(project), a Caterham 7, Westfield XI (being built), so I'm quite familiar with the older cars but really feel like a newer Elise as something not too expensive that I can have some fun with, both on the road and track.
I'm looking for a damaged repairable (salvaged?) car 05-08 maybe?

Looking forward to getting to know everyone!

Ian

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Welcome Ian! Where in SoCal are you located? There are lots of Lotus owners here on the forum from both LA and OC. I'm in OC myself. A small group of us OC guys make it out to Cars and Coffee a couple times a month. You should consider bringing one of your cars sometime.

Best wishes in the car search. Biggest thing to look out for on a salvaged Elise is frame damage. Due your du-diligence in research & test driving before deciding.

·
Less W8
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,
I'm in San Clemente. I've certainly done the C&C thing many times but the last few I found it had changed. To many Lamborghini's and Ferraris, and Mustangs with a Carbon Fiber Hood! Not like it used to be in the early days . . beside that is damm early on a Saturday morning ;-) !
Ian

1 - 5 of 5 Posts