The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fyi, Extremespeedtrackevents is doing track days this Sat & Sun (Dec 7-8) at Buttonwillow Raceway this weekend. Some friends went to one of their events a while back and said it was pretty cool. They have some other track days coming up in SoCal, I'll post that info separately. You can also get those other dates off of their website.

Here’s the details from the site in case you want them:

Special track day price of only $115 for the whole day.
DISCOUNT CODE IS ( bw22 )
Must register before Dec 7th for the discount
Any Questions email [email protected]
Register here- Home - Extreme Speed Track Events

All driver levels welcome. Beginners are welcome. Free basic on track instruction for beginners, Extremespeed will be running special private run groups for beginners who want to get familiar with on track essentials and car control at highway speeds.
Free timing for all drivers
Free lunch to all drivers.

·
likes to drive fast
1,128 Posts
Second post here and it's about track! I like!

I did plan to head up there...but the weather through grapevine could be bad. Decided otherwise. Don't want to sit in traffic. But do be careful driving to and back.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Tempted but they're saying we have a 90% chance of rain!

·
Registered
959 Posts
Went on Sunday. Driving to and from the track wasn't bad. The weather was cold, but clear. My first time at Buttonwillow with the Elise, took awhile to get up to speed and barely got any clean laps. Still a fun and educational day though.

However, in my opinion Extremespeed really needs to raise their safety and flagging standards. I realize keeping track of 30 tracks trying to set fast times is not easy, but their flagging was inconsistent and other groups are able to do it better. I'm also not sure grouping by laptimes is the best way to separate drivers as you end up with some drivers that are courteous while others are downright dangerous.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts