The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Found good reviews. $650 for all fluids, gotta get used to these little "exotics"

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
I've heard VSA is a good shop. Wouldn't hesitate to take my car there for track prep. I don't know what their rates are.

My 2c about maintenance. I don't think you need to pay $100 / hr to have fluids changed, as this is a routine procedure. I'm lucky that I live far closer to A1 Auto (Harix) than you do. His rates are more reasonable for this type of standard procedure, around $50 / hour. He also carries Motul engine oil and brake fluid or can get whatever you need. I think you pay the $100 / hour when you need some specialized setup/prep work or are taking the car there anyway for something else.

The biggest thing about working on an Elise is knowing how to get it on a lift. Once that is accomplished, the oil / transmission / coolant / brake fluid changes are simple. Though, I think the more race oriented shops will know to get rid of as much air as possible in your brake lines for nice pedal feel. Harix always makes sure to do it properly.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts