The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It happened after dinner out tonight. The clutch pedal went halfway to the floor before any pressure. I pumped it a few times and drove off, it still feeling soft. The pedal stiffened up about three miles up the road.

I know this issue has been discussed exhaustively here, but I'm not sure it's ever involved a car like mine, a 2012 S that already underwent the master cylinder recall.

Anyone in a similar circumstance had this happen?

·
Registered
79 Posts
sounds like when they did the recall, the fluid was not bled completely, and air bubbles remain in the lines.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Following up, the master cylinder, which was replaced under the factory recall less than a year ago, has failed yet again. Four-hour job to replace.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Mine has been replaced a total of three times. It's really been the only issue I've had. First one failed within 3 months of purchase. The second one lasted for about 13 months and now I'm on my third.

I've gotten a couple of different stories. I heard the first one had seals that broke down due to contamination. I then heard that others had issues with the specs in the refill hole sizes. All I know is that I really hope this one holds up. However if it doesn't, the part is relatively inexpensive and although not super easy (because of tight space), the master cylinder can be replaced without removing the front clam (via the use of an access panel in the wheel well).

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
$738.44 billed to the factory. You tell yourself it's okay as long as Hethel picks up the tab.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Yeah, dealer labor will always be a bit high. The actual part is about $165 and the real labor should be closer to about $200-250. All in, you should be able to have it done for less than $400 if you're out of warranty.

BTW, I'm at 50K miles. So yeah, I drive it...

·
Registered
606 Posts
Was the master cylinder actually under a recall? If so, I'd love to know the recall number. Thinking of taking the plunge on an Evora soon and want to have all my info at hand in case of issues. (Or should I say WHEN I have issues? LOL)

·
Registered
387 Posts
Is there a place where Evora Service Bulletins have been collected? I'm awaiting delivery of my 11 N/A and would like to make sure I get it all sorted out before warranty expires.

Steve

·
Registered
606 Posts
Is there a place where Evora Service Bulletins have been collected? I'm awaiting delivery of my 11 N/A and would like to make sure I get it all sorted out before warranty expires.

Steve
Steve-
I'm looking for that too. Would be nice if they were all in one place.

James

1 - 12 of 12 Posts