1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Absolute power does what?
3,201 Posts
What are you asking here?

·
Absolute power does what?
3,201 Posts
Uh, there is no such thing as a "Soft top 2008 exige black" that I know of. Are you asking:

1. I own a 2008 Black Exige and I'd like a matching soft top, how much are they?
Answer: Roughly $800 for a good used one, if/when you can find one. There's usually 1 every few months that pops up. You then need the conversion kit to add the rear grommets, do some searching and you'll find details

2. I want to buy a 2008 Exige that's black and only comes with a soft top
Answer: Hard to say without knowing a lot more than that. As previously stated all Exiges come standard with a hard top. 2006 cars were non-functional, 2007 added the scoop and 2008 on the scoop sized increased.

Generally soft tops aren't run on Exiges as the SC cars need the roof scoop to funnel air into the intercooler - as that's fairly important most SC Exige guys don't do this conversion. I did at one point on my '06 but sold my top as I just never used it.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
if you are asking about adding a soft-top to an exige. I did this. Found a nice soft-top in the used market ~$500

Had the rear mounting points added ~$160

So, there you have it.

·
Registered
6,485 Posts
Generally soft tops aren't run on Exiges as the SC cars need the roof scoop to funnel air into the intercooler - as that's fairly important most SC Exige guys don't do this conversion. I did at one point on my '06 but sold my top as I just never used it.
Well, not actually. I know a whole bunch, to the extent there are a whole bunch of SC Exige guys who've done the conversion, myself included (well, ok, I know at least 6 guys with S220 and S240 who've done it). 'Ok to do it?' threads regarding soft tops on SC Exiges where fairly common here a couple years back, and one guy even did some extensive air flow testing on an 07 Exige roof, an 08+ Mohawk roof and I believe without roof and found that airflow through the intercooler is sadly lacking with any of these, and that the 07 roof opening is barely better than the narrower opening in the roll hoop with the roof removed. Regardless of the roof used, all three options have the same constriction/choke point at the scoop opening with roof removed. The shallow and 'barely bigger' scoop on the 07 roof really doesn't grab much air and therefore isn't forcing a whole lot more, if any, through that choke point than without the roof.

General experience is that for around town and highway driving, the airflow through the intercooler w/out roof is more than adequate. Or perhaps it's more accurate to say that airflow under that use isn't really needed. It's when you're going to do track days and really do high speed/higher temp driving that the roof really should stay on to get nominally better air flow.

Interesting thing about the Mohawk roof is that with being right at the edge of the windshield, and the slightly downward curve to it, the additional air it's sucking in is largely heated air coming straight up the windshield from the radiators. So it might be a wash in terms of the advantage of having additional air pressure.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts