The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
**price lowered to reflect the fact that the top is slightly used and NOT new as I originally thought. Now asking $800 obo.**

It's the kit that British Racing Group sells for $1400 . The parts came with my car when I purchased it a few weeks ago and I have no use for them.

You want it? $800 OBO (incl shipping to the 48).

The part is located in the Los Angeles area. So if you are local and are willing to pick it up, I'll knock $50 off whatever price we negotiate.

Send me a PM if interested.

Thanks!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Will do. I'll post pics later tonight.

Also, I got a few questions about the kit.

1. Who would want this anyway? -- Someone who enjoys topless Exige driving. Since you can't store the Exige hard top in your car when it is not in use, a soft top is a great option for you since it can be stowed in the included bag in your car's boot. If you are out enjoying your car when bad weather strikes, in just a minute or two you can assemble the soft top.

2. What cars does it fit? -- The soft top can be retrofitted to any 06-10 Exige. If you have a forced induction car, you will lose some airflow to the intercooler. It's not a big deal according to Britich Racing Group unless you are tracking your car at the same time that you have the soft top on.

3. Why so much money? -- The price is negotiable!

4. Trades? -- Sure. I'd be willing to trade for a set of slightly used Nitron Singles, a Koldfire 270 ecu upgrade plus cable (if anyone at BOE wants to trade!), baffled oil pan +cash, or a quality/quiet aftermarket exhaust that will work with an 07 Exige with stock bumper and rear panel +cash.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
FYI. Without the bows, touring soft top go for $500-$600 and the standard ones $350-400.
Thanks for the info.

I stopped at my garage this evening and took a closer look at the parts I have. Pics will come later tonight.

Parts included:
Soft top insulated - (which I think means it is the touring top)
2 Bows
2 plastic receiver caps
1 storage bag

My price was with the understanding that the top was new. Under close scrutiny, the top looks like it was put on/removed from a car a handful of times. Exterior material is in excellent condition. The interior insulated upholstery is in perfect shape as well. The wear I see is on the latches. Nothing anyone would complain about but I want to be completely clear that it has been used a little.

Price revised to reflect a used NOT new top. Still obo...so if you don't like my price, give me your best offer. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts