The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do I ned to do to put a soft top on an exige? Needs to be on and off so I can alternate between soft and hard top? I'm a newbe so be polite. My NSX has a targa storage area above engine but no way on exige. It rains a lot where I live so I need to protect interior if I'm out with top off and get caught.
Thanks
Tony F

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Per the thread it's a fairly easy install. If you do it yourself, measure EVERYTHING three times before you cut. When I did it on my 06 Eixge I found some of the measurements to be other than what is in the link supplied above, and I'm glad I double checked measurements before cutting.

If you're in a hurry and want to buy a soft top now, they are anywhere from $1300 to $1800 for a new, insulated (touring) top from a dealer. Another $15 to $20 for the grommets you will need to install in the roll hoop on the car. The ones for the windshield are already in the Exige windshield.

Otherwise, be patient, they show up here at least once a month for about $500, but you'll need to be pretty quick 'cause they go fast.

FWIW, just know that with the top off the air fed to the intercooler will be nil.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts