The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've always been worried about my soft top sliding around in the back hitting my AMP and or my taillights so I put some 2" wide Velcro tape to my soft top cover and it sticks to the carpet and doesn't slide. Genius right? lol.

I can get a lot of this tape so if anyone would like some I can mail you a few pieces. I'll post a photo later for this complex mod.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
The Bootie from Sector 111 works great once you apply some extra Velcro to it so it stays put. It has a nice pocket for the soft top and some dividers for stuff like a quart of oil, micro fiber towels and quick detailer. It does a good job of keeping things from moving around too much and bumping into the clam or lights.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wanted that but I wanted my Amp which sits between my battery and tail light unit to be able to breathe some so I opted not I get that. But you listed some essentials: micro fiber towels, detail spray, quart of oil.... Good stuff.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Absolute power does what?
3,201 Posts
The Bootie from Sector 111 works great once you apply some extra Velcro to it so it stays put. It has a nice pocket for the soft top and some dividers for stuff like a quart of oil, micro fiber towels and quick detailer. It does a good job of keeping things from moving around too much and bumping into the clam or lights.
I use my car differently than you guys :cool:

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
I found that if you dont put it in the slippery nylon bag, the top stays put in the trunk

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
I use my car differently than you guys :cool:
I DD mine.

Madison I have my amp mounted behind the drivers seat. Looks like you want ventilation and to keep your amp cool. The boot gets hot from engine heat not sure why you would want to keep an amp in the boot. The inside stays nice and cool with the top off or from the A/C. The only drawback with the amp behind the seat is one click less back on the seat movement. No big deal for me as always go 3 clicks up.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
I have been letting mine go where it wants to in the trunk for years and it hasn't got into trouble yet. Of course now it will probably tear a hole in space time or something now that I said that. I did start putting the rails in with the top as those buggers really slide around.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Got any pics of how you put the tape on? I need some of that. I find my bag sliding around during spirited driving.

DITTO: PM sent to OP, taking you up on your generous offer!

·
Absolute power does what?
3,201 Posts
I can get a lot of this tape so if anyone would like some I can mail you a few pieces. I'll post a photo later for this complex mod.
Uh, can't we all get this tape - isn't it just the industrial Velcro tape they sell at Home Depot, Lowes, etc? Not bashing the idea just not sure if there is some magical Velcro tape you have access to that we don't...

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It looks pretty ordinary, the only magic is I got a bunch of it for free, so I was willing to pass it along.

Uh, can't we all get this tape - isn't it just the industrial Velcro tape they sell at Home Depot, Lowes, etc? Not bashing the idea just not sure if there is some magical Velcro tape you have access to that we don't...

·
hello
284 Posts
I did the same "mod", it works great. I actually did it after the softtop removed the plugs on my rear lights one day.

I used crazy glue on the back of the velcro because it started to peal off from the plastic bag after a while. I only used 2 strips of velcro on one side of the bag so I can use the other side to put it on the ground and not have to worry about the velcro picking up dirt.

For tools and such, I have done the same velcro mod on the bottom of a tool bag. So that stays put as well.

Somehow $100 for the sector bootie seemed too expensive.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
I did the same "mod", it works great. I actually did it after the softtop removed the plugs on my rear lights one day.

I used crazy glue on the back of the velcro because it started to peal off from the plastic bag after a while. I only used 2 strips of velcro on one side of the bag so I can use the other side to put it on the ground and not have to worry about the velcro picking up dirt.

For tools and such, I have done the same velcro mod on the bottom of a tool bag. So that stays put as well.

Somehow $100 for the sector bootie seemed too expensive.
The bootie is nice but I have my amp in the trunk and I would not want to loose all of the trunk space. I fill mine so full sometimes there isn't room for an idea left over. I also call mine the TARDIS as it is bigger on the inside than it is on the outside.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts