The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2005 111R (Elise)
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a Elise soft top. Must be in good condition. Thanks!

·
Registered
2005 111R (Elise)
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice, not a big fan of how the car looks with a soft top on but it surely is convenient for folks that like to drive topless.
I agree! Hard top looks great. For me; it would be nice to be able to know that if a sudden Florida rainstorm hits, I’m okay!

·
Administrator
1,552 Posts
AKA shower cap

Reactions: Robocop305

·
Premium Member
832 Posts
LOL, yup shower cap. You can store it behind your seat and use it if you get caught in the rain. It works great for a passing shower and you don’t have a place to protect your car.

·
Administrator
2010 Exige S260
2,147 Posts
I was able to get the soft top behind the drivers seat :)

·
Administrator
2010 Exige S260
2,147 Posts
I read in another post that was possible, but I tried with no luck. Is there a trick? How you did it? Vertically, horizontally, shelf?
Vertically with the seat forward to create enough room for the soft top to fit behind the seat.

·
Plural of Lotus is Lotus
341 Posts
I put it behind the seats horizontally. The side rails on top of (top/bottom vs in front of) one another. Its snug but it fits. Slide drivers seat forward all the way, feed soft top in, slide seat back.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I put it behind the seats horizontally. The side rails on top of (top/bottom vs in front of) one another. Its snug but it fits. Slide drivers seat forward all the way, feed soft top in, slide seat back.
Hmm, that is a different idea. So you don't use the bag? Not concerned of getting it ripped by the seat?

·
Plural of Lotus is Lotus
341 Posts
No bag and no concern at all. It stays up high so nowhere near the rails. Actually, it fits neatly right under my harnass bar.

·
Plural of Lotus is Lotus
341 Posts
...check that - It fits OVER the harnass bar.......

1 - 20 of 31 Posts