The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe it's just coincidence, but every dealership I look at seems to have a deficit of soft top elises. It's almost as if they don't exist! I'm looking in the SE US, which, I would think, would be all about the soft top. Yet, I never see them.

Perhaps the reason why there are so few soft tops on the market is that they're all on the road? Or maybe there are some underlying issues that I'm not aware of. Does anyone care to fill me in?

·
Registered
753 Posts
They are all soft tops. They just come with a hard top as an option. The hard top is an option, that most people want. You could always buy one with the hard top and sell it if you do not want it or ask them to remove it from the options list. The soft top is in the boot.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
You are seeing them with hardtops at the dealer because the dealer wants to sell you the hardtop option. The dealer makes more money that way.

I disagree with a previous poster. Most Elises I have seen do not have a hard top on. (I can't say if most buyers purchased a hardtop because if it is in their garage, I wouldn't know.)

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Just my guess, but as a dealer, wouldn't you want the hardtop on the cars as they are just sitting on the lot? That way you don't have to worry about the soft top deteriorating. plus, like ChrisH said, try they wanna sell the car with all the options.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Also its safer to keep the hard top on the car. As a dealer I wouldn’t want a top runover buy ______(fill in blank), stepped on, fall off a shelf, something stacked on it, ect….

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.