The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI All,
Forgot to mention the other day. Talked with Clyde at length about concerns of leaking top.

Poor guy, he's been stuck with driving a new elise around for the last few weeks to kind test it out, thrash it a bit etc. Says the soft didn't leak a drop even in a torrential storm last weeK!!

Apparently, the major source of minor leaks on earlier elises have been the corner up by the top front windshield pillars. Apparently the little rubber "winglets" there have solved that as the channel the water out and away.

It's good to hear that from someone we know and trust.

Chris

·
Registered
114 Posts
Someone always complicates things?

The longer I wait the more hardcore I'm seeming to get. I'm ditching the hardtop idea and lovin' the targa 99% of the time. I will hope for a gull-wing or some slick hardtop that goes with the lines of the car instead of having that "I used a yard stick straight edge" look to the window edge. I'm starting to think just the LSS and no Luxury, if lightness is how Colin intended it... get the PURE, if I want cushy, go back to bimmer or Porsche. So the question, did you question the leak issue on the insulated Luxury top or the standard. Which one survived the torrential downpour?

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
That's good to hear, I have yet to own a convertible that didn't leak a little.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
I love the look of the car with the hardtop. But, I didn't order it. The soft top is more practical in Houston. If we can get a gull wing hard top that's reasonably priced, then I'll consider it.

For the time being, I'll be more than happy with the insultated soft top from the touring pack.

BRP-Biscuit, bring it Lotus, I'm waiting!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts