The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Original owner. Car purchased in February, 2006. All service done at Rothrock in PA. Car just serviced on 2/16/09. Needs nothing. No dings, no scratches. As new condition.

Car has Touring Package, Limited Slip, & Starshield. 100% stock.

Selling to buy something with a back seat. I had 0 kids when I bought the car. By April, I will have 2 kids. I have no time to take drives by myself ... and I want to take drives with the family. Will likely buy a used Maserati with a back seat.

I've debated this move off and on ever since the birth of my son. I have to just cut bait and move on. My loss is your gain.

Price is FIRM though. Not a penny under $37,370.

Located in Maryland, north of Baltimore.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
:up:

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Last Day!

Car is being traded tomorrow for a Certified '06 Porsche Carrera S with 8k miles.

It'll be one of those "mixed emotions" kind of days.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Please let us know what it trades for, I will be trading this winter.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Please let us know what it trades for, I will be trading this winter.
I can tell you now. They're giving me $37k. I suspect they're not giving me quite as much off the 911 as they might otherwise ... but what can you do.

I'm also taking some cash back and will become debt free -- aside from 1 monstrous car payment. But at least that's at a low, fixed rate. I'll look better on paper with no revolving debt.

Anyway, that's probaby too much information. But I get a more useful car with a nice warranty and I get to restructure my financial life a bit. After so many years with high-reving 4 bangers (E30 M3 --> S2000 --> Exige) I'm looking forward to putting my right foot down and feeling some thrust.

I'm sure I'll miss the Exige at times though. :(

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I can tell you now. They're giving me $37k. I suspect they're not giving me quite as much off the 911 as they might otherwise ... but what can you do.

I'm also taking some cash back and will become debt free -- aside from 1 monstrous car payment. But at least that's at a low, fixed rate. I'll look better on paper with no revolving debt.

Anyway, that's probaby too much information. But I get a more useful car with a nice warranty and I get to restructure my financial life a bit. After so many years with high-reving 4 bangers (E30 M3 --> S2000 --> Exige) I'm looking forward to putting my right foot down and feeling some thrust.

I'm sure I'll miss the Exige at times though. :(
That seems like an outstanding trade number!

Grats on the new P-car:clap:

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's at EuroClassics in Richmond, Virginia. They deal Lotus and Porsche. I'm sure they're going to re-sell it.

Car was faultless. I no longer have any reason to paint a rosey picture. I'd tell you if there was a problem or issue. It's immaculate.

Go get it. Speak with Jon Phillip there. He's a good guy & he can do your financing too.

Good luck.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Glad I found this posts! Today I signed with trepidation my intent to purchase your car from Euroclassics. I gotta tell you, the TLC that went into maintaining your car really showed. However, in this world, you never know what's lurking inside. Now, after reading your messages, I breath easier knowing that it belonged to somebody who cared about his priced possession same way I would. Thanks for sharing and taking care of your car. As another former S2K graduate, she's definitively in good hands.

...and congrats on the growing family!

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Guld! Congrats on your purchase. You've found a quality Exige that was never abused.

I already miss it from time to time, but my needs changed and it was the move that was right for me at this time.

I saw that the car was off their website and that a yellow S2000 was added to their inventory. I put 2 & 2 together and just guessed that someone traded an S2K for the Exige. Jon at EuroClassics confirmed that for me. He tells me the car went to a good home.

Best of luck with the Exige. Enjoy it. :D & let me know if you have any questions about anything.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hi Guld! Congrats on your purchase. You've found a quality Exige that was never abused.

I already miss it from time to time, but my needs changed and it was the move that was right for me at this time.

I saw that the car was off their website and that a yellow S2000 was added to their inventory. I put 2 & 2 together and just guessed that someone traded an S2K for the Exige. Jon at EuroClassics confirmed that for me. He tells me the car went to a good home.

Best of luck with the Exige. Enjoy it. :D & let me know if you have any questions about anything.
You're too kind Exigent. Even though the car has only been a family member for a couple of weeks, I can tell you that this will be a lasting love affair.

As far as real families, we also have more family members than available seats. On one hand, I wish my sense of pragmatism would have dictated the vehicle selection. On the other hand, my mojo insist on clinging to its impractical toys. Oh well, I guess that's what other cars are for.

Once again, thanks for taking good care of the "sexy tomato" (that's what my daughter calls it). Its new home wants to thank you for accidentally making another father overjoyed on his birthday.

Needless to say, if you ever want to say hi to your ex-mistress, we're in Dumfries at your service.

:wave:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts