The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.

I'm selling my 2006 Canyon Red / Biscuit Elise with 19k miles.
Touring package
Used as a second weekend car
Never raced
Serviced at Newport European Lotus in Newport Beach
Always garaged
The car is very clean
Have two sets of keys/remotes and manuals

Located in Laguna Beach, California

Feel free to contact me directly at:
[email protected]
with any questions.

-ilya

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:))
actually, I missed a comma there... This is my second car, it is also my weekend car.
I only have one weekend car... I'm planning to live with one car for now... :)
-ilya

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi,

I am again lowering the price to $27k. Still not sure how I can change the subject.
Help appreciated - thanks! :)
-ilya

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello,

I'm getting a lot of calls about the car, so I would like to post some additional information here, so hopefully this could be helpful.

You can view more (and larger) images here:

Picasa Web Albums - Ilya - Lotus Elise 2006

Last year the battery of this car died and Newport European dealer replaced the battery.
This caused the odometer to reset, so the current odometer reading indicates about 3500 miles, while there is a small sticker placed inside the door seal indicating that the odometer was reset at 15,412 miles.
This is a NON issue, but I wanted to explain this to avoid any future confusion. You can verify this by calling the
Newport European at 949-270-1000.

Let me know if you have any questions...
Thanks!
-ilya

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Changing the battery reset the odometer? Wha? Anyone else smell something funny?
Well - I have to admit, I also thought that it was strange when it happened.

I changed batteries with my other cars and that never did anything to my odometers - however, I have seen Lotus do things differently before.

Anyway, their explanation totally satisfied me and I went on driving the car without ever having any issues...

Also, since this was done by an authorized dealer, and not by an independent mechanic, and was properly documented, it is absolutely not an issue.

If I wanted to screw a buyer, if anything, I would remove the sticker and sell it as a 3500 mile car...

Also, I provided the number of the dealer who performed this, so anyone who has questions, can call them to ask the questions directly,
and get the same explanation I got...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts