The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
EDIT 2009.07.20: Sale Pending, and upped the price a tad based on current interest (if this sale falls through)

EDIT 2009.07.14: added pics (note this is before proper detailing, so it only gets better - just wanted to get some pics up for now)

I've got an 06 SY, LSS, AD07, touring, starshield, hard/soft top (see signature for mods, mostly cosmetic, some functional like the battery, shift linkage mods, engine mounts, etc), 7k miles, single owner, garage kept (read: queen) out of Houston, TX. I'm not in an incredible rush to move it, but would like to clear the garage to make room for a bike (m109r) that'll tide me over till I get an Evora/Aston

I'm asking 35k and as I'm in no real rush to sell it, I won't accept lowball offers. The car is still being financed, so you can either pay outright and wait on the title, or finance yourself and have the title/lien transferred from my lender to yours.

PM me for more info, if interested, etc. If you have friends in the area they can come check it out for you~

Edit - I'll also likely be throwing in the Elise-specific tools etc, like the rear jack helper, jack, stands, rhino ramps, and whatever else I can drag out of the garage (my other vehicle is a truck that most of this stuff is useless for - I can always rebuy later anyway).

Also of note, the 3.5lb Voltphreaks battery is of their latest generation, including the discharge protection circuitry (never come back to a car that won't start), overcharge protection, and manual on/off switch (save the battery, disable the car). I had the first gen and upgraded to the newest recently - it's been terrific.

All recalls performed, and I manually ordered and replaced the faulty fan relay module after the dealership claimed to have replaced it (but failed to) - so there will be no A/C engine cutout issues like some of the 06's have.

Pics also available at: 2006 Lotus Elise, 7k miles, Houston TX

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, this will take the missing spot in the garage for now:

I'm waiting the year or two for the S/SC Evora variant to come out - then it'll be between that and a used baby Aston (Vantage V8). Honestly I'm just tired of the diminutive size, and financing a car that might see the roads a few times a month at best. I've got too many (very) expensive hobbies to keep justifying this - besides, I'd like to free up the cash to buy a rental property at the beach :D

I'll miss the car certainly, and every time I hop behind the wheel I question my decision (I drive my truck 99% of the time, so suddenly even the underpowered elise feels like a jet fighter in comparison) - but I've had it for 3 years, which is honestly more than I expected to hang on to it :)

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
...sorry to hear that you're letting it go, but it sounds like you have the right perspective on your decision and i'm sure you'll love the evora if that's in the cards a few years down the road...

...bump for a great car including a fantastic accessory package...

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sure a ton, but those were the best... if you have something in particular you'd like to see, let me know and I can shoot it.

Later on I hope to set up a proper location-shoot, with lighting, etc. I want those shots just for my own records/entertainment :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts