Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1966 Lotus Elan S2 26/5746
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
1966 Lotus Elan Series 2 Roadster 1600 Drop-Head-Coupe Model 26/5746

Twin Cam, Weber Head, Knock-Offs,, original engine and trans and cyl head.
Yellow Imron Paint - car was restored in late 1980's - the transmission reportedly was rebuild by Jim Groom - Grooms Sports Cars and the engine reportedly was built by Tony Guinasso of Auto Scientific in California.

30 plus year Local SF Bay Area car until relocated to Florida.
54318 indicated miles TMU

Excellent condition

Late May 1966 production Lotus Elan Series 2 1600 - Spyder Chassis, Tubular Headers, Gear Reduction Starter, Alternator, Electric Fuel Pump, CV Joints, MSD ignition, SPAX Adjustable Perch Shocks, Battery Cut-off Switch, Braided Steel Brake and clutch lines, and other updates for drive-ability and reliability. Side badges not on the car are retained and available.

Asking $38900
Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Cloud Vehicle
Tire Wheel Car Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Tread
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Car
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Steering part Fixture
Car Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design Car seat cover
Car Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive fuel system Auto part
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood
Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive exterior

·
Premium Member
1,899 Posts
Very nice looking Elan S2 !

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
A lot of nice details on this one, including what looks like interior materials from Famous Frank. Is the exhaust system missing past the headers, or was that shot taken during installation? Very well done car!

·
Premium Member
1966 Lotus Elan S2 26/5746
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A lot of nice details on this one, including what looks like interior materials from Famous Frank. Is the exhaust system missing past the headers, or was that shot taken during installation? Very well done car!
The picture was taken while exhaust system was removed to service clutch slave cylinder.

·
Premium Member
1,899 Posts
I was once told by a highly qualified exotic car mechanic that every classic sports has it own unique starting sequence. Whether you pump the throttle a few times of not, use the choke or not, hold the accelerator down a bit or not, the variables are endless. He said to always get the cold start sequence from the owner when you buy the car.

Joesailor has shown us the starting sequence of his Elan. Like my S1 Elan, wait for the electric fuel pump to fill the Weber carb fuel bowls, pump the accelerator pedal a few times, no choke and turn the ignition Switch.

Really nice oil pressure too.

Great looking Elan S2 JoeSailor! Someone is going to be a future happy Elan owner.

·
Premium Member
12,193 Posts
Elans are simply wonderful cars. Brilliant handling with a very good ride. An unusual amount of space and a SPARE TIRE TOO.

Had Lotus buit a modern Eian when Elise was out, I would have bought the Elan.

Spyder chassis makes it even better.

Restored one in 1985; drove it for 20 yrs. I preferred my Elan to my Supra Twin-Turbo....

·
Administrator
8,283 Posts
closed

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.