The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
• Chassis 45/6112
• Colin Chapman philosophy of adding lightness by removing door frames and glass, convertible top ( I have the removed parts ), car weighs 1440lbs
• 3 year full ground up restoration completed in 2002.
• Original chassis
• Fresh Engine rebuild by AVO West: big valves, Dave Bean 114 cams, port and polish, balanced crank and rods, .030 pistons baffled oil sump, cartridge water pump conversion, new oil pump
• dyno’d at171hp @6k rpm 150 ft-lbs torque @ 6k rpm.
• Aluminum radiator moved into nose of car
• Weber 45 DCOE
• Petronix ignition
• Lucas sport coil
• Alternator conversion
• Headers, straight exhaust with Supertrapp muffler
• Lightened flywheel and ACT clutch, 4-speed transmission, custom shift lever
• Gear reduction starter motor
• CV joint replacement half shafts
• Stiffer springs on narrow spring perches with adjustable ride height, stiffer front sway bar
• AVO adjustable dampers
• New steering rack, tie rods and bushing
• New wheel bearings
• Panasport rims with new 165/65/13 Bridgestone tires
• 4 wheel disc brakes with EBC Green stuff pads
• Roll bar with new six point Simpson harness belts
• Momo Prototipo steering wheel
• Custom dash with additional gauges

Very quick, handles great and is a ton of fun to drive
Asking $28,000
Contact Morgan 310 650 3144 or morgan(at)morgansegal(dot)com

older pic of interior, car now has red Simpson 6 point harness

More photos Here

·
Premium Member
3,016 Posts
So you are going to make the jump to hyperspace....errrr... Caterham.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Cool! I have a 64 and realize the huge amount of time/work/money you have invested.

Jerry

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Morgan, I hate you, with all the love in the world but I still do :wallbang:
I want this and the timing is just wrong for me. Grrrr.....

·
Registered
347 Posts
Thanks, will do that
Excellent, All you have to do is register which is easy and then you can begin creating your ad, it will be up and viewable instantly. I will then add more time and adjust your account.
Not sure why my website name didnt come up in my previous post and the browser description did instead. hmm. Any issues let me know but it should go smoothly for you.

Thank you!
Tom

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
Morgan...

Do not sell the Elan!!! I repeat... DO NOT SELL THE ELAN!!

There are two cars I regreted ever selling... My S2 Seven, I'm still trying to convince the buyer to sell it back to me, and my first Elan, which I've been able to replace with 2 Elans!

It is cheaper and easier to build an addition to your garage than to cut off your right arm. :panic:

Cheers,
Kiyoshi

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Morgan...

Do not sell the Elan!!! I repeat... DO NOT SELL THE ELAN!!

There are two cars I regreted ever selling... My S2 Seven, I'm still trying to convince the buyer to sell it back to me, and my first Elan, which I've been able to replace with 2 Elans!

It is cheaper and easier to build an addition to your garage than to cut off your right arm. :panic:

Cheers,
Kiyoshi

rotfl Sadly there is no building an addition on the garage, I live in a condo and I need the moola to pay for this other car I am looking at, which will hopefully be even more fun ( I have been dreaming of a Caterham like this one since I was in High School)
If it falls through I may reconsider selling the Elan. It was a difficult decision

Thanks

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
NOOOOOOOOOO!! (For clarification, Morgan has been the only other Elan that we've found in the LA area to drive with us)

First I'll agree with Kiyoshi in saying, don't sell it, you may regret it.

Second, I'll try to help you sell it if that's what you really want.

To anyone looking at buying this car:

I have ridden in it in the Malibu canyons. It is FAST. It feels worlds different from my father's stock Elan. Anyone who drives it will LOVE it.

Now I'm done :D

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
Bump so that Jay Leno sees this.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
rotfl Sadly there is no building an addition on the garage, I live in a condo and I need the moola to pay for this other car I am looking at, which will hopefully be even more fun ( I have been dreaming of a Caterham like this one since I was in High School)
If it falls through I may reconsider selling the Elan. It was a difficult decision

Thanks

Plenty of parking spots available at my garage ;)

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
Wow, I can't believe I'm reading this. Almost the same reaction as I had when I read that Randy was selling his car. Morgan you have a beautiful one of a kind car. Don't Do It!

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Wow, I can't believe I'm reading this. Almost the same reaction as I had when I read that Randy was selling his car. Morgan you have a beautiful one of a kind car. Don't Do It!

Something better coming :evil:

1 - 20 of 50 Posts