Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For Sale – 1969 Lotus Elan +2
$7,500 OBO
This car has been sitting in a garage for the last 30 years.
I am not an expert on Lotus; but will describe it as best I can.
The body is in real nice condition. No dings, big scratches or dents. It looks like it has been repainted at some time. Photos make the paint look better than it is. I gave it a bath, but there are some stains on the paint. Maybe could be buffed out; but not sure. The headlight covers and trunk lid have some small bubbles in them. Half to quarter the size of a dime. Paint is also faded and not real shinny.
The interior is in pretty good condition for a car this old. I think the interior is original. Car does smell a little musty inside. Seats have no rips or tears and show no sign of wear. Rug is also in pretty good condition, with no wear spots. All the gauges look real good. Wood dash is pretty good too. Glove box is missing the latch, and there is a scratch in wood or a crack in the finish.
Engine is out to the car and looks pretty clean and is somewhat apart. Maybe someone started to rebuild it. Head is there and also looks clean. There are some parts missing that I can spot and maybe some that I can’t spot. Missing Valve cover, Oil pan, bell housing, carburetors, and alternator. and not sure what else.
Odometer shows 43,000 miles. Based on the interior I think it is probably 43,000 and not 143,000; but I am just guessing.
Car has a sun roof. Guessing that was aftermarket, but not sure.
All wheels look good and there is a spare rim.

Would make a great restoration project for someone that knows what they are doing.
A complete set of photos can be found at Lotus Elan +2 - a set on Flickr

Car is located in central New Jersey.

·
Registered
6 Posts
questions about the elan

Hi Prew,
I sent you a pm as well. I've been thinking about the rear seat space for little ones. Thoughts? I heard mentioned that not more than a ten year old could fit in the back - mine are under 5.
Thanks
lch

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Prew,
I sent you a pm as well. I've been thinking about the rear seat space for little ones. Thoughts? I heard mentioned that not more than a ten year old could fit in the back - mine are under 5.
Thanks
lch
There is definitely room in the back for 2 children.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.