1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Lotus Exige-S 240
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
EDIT: THE CAR HAS BEEN SOLD.

Hi All,

I have been out of the Mustang scene for years now, I have finally come to grips that I need space and the money so my baby is up for sale. I purchased this car in 1989 when it had about 10k miles on it. It was carport kept from 1989 to '96, garage kept from 96-current. It has not seen rain since 96.

In my opinion this car is in awesome "un-restored but loved to death" shape, interior looks great, paint looks great (was a daily driver so a few standard little chips), I replaced all the weather stripping when I put the interior back together after getting the roll bar.

Stats
I have put less than 1000 miles on it since 1998. I have only driven it around every 4-6 weeks to let it warm up and keep everything in shape and I have changed the oil every year (synthetic). It runs awesomely.

76.9k original miles.
11.43 at 124.58 1.70 60-foot 3350lbs w/driver - I am sure I could have gotten a better time with some practice but at the time I had no roll bar and would get kicked out after one or two runs.
505.8 hp, 483.8 ft/lbs torque measured at rear wheels w/93 octane pump gas.

Edit: New low price $SOLD - tell your friends and family! Everytime I drive this car I want to raise, not lower the price. Please help put an end to my misery of having to sell the car and give it a new good home!

Parts list:

Interior
Full original GT level interior - tilt steering wheel, power windows, locks, power lumbar seats, cruse control (can do burnout at push of a button -ha!) 140mph speedometer, power fuel door and hatch release in glovebox)
Roll Bar – Fully welded 8-point NHRA legal chrome molly, mandrel bent, crossed in rear, w/harness mount, custom made by Joe Smith Race Cars, primed and painted metallic black, less than 1/4" between bar and interior
Saleen race 2-gauge mounting bracket w/adjustable vents, mounted in center A/C vent (with fuel pressure and EGT gauges)
AutoMeter 2-1/2" cup mount (for boost gauge)
AutoMeter Pro-Comp, 2-1/2" EGT Gauge
AutoMeter Pro-Comp, 2-1/2" liquid filed fuel pressure gauge, with isolator
AutoMeter Sport-Comp, 2-1/2" boost gauge (mounted on driver's door)
MSD Shift light w/6000 RPM chip (mounted under boost gauge)
Alpine 6056ED door speakers and dash tweeters
Pioneer 6x9 3-way speakers in rear
Pioneer Supertuner III radio/cassette, pullout w/amp
Alarm with shock sensor and remote pager
Window tint – 20% on sides, 5% on back
Rear mount battery kit
Optima 'yellow top' deep cycle battery

Engine
Vortech S-Trim Supercharger, 2.95" 8 rib pulley running at 13psi
TFS Twisted Wedge Aluminum heads, 3/8" rocker stud mounts and cut for o-ring gaskets. Ported and polished w/3 angle valve job by Ken Barr
Ford Motorsport Cobra upper and lower intake, extrude honed and port matched to 70mm throttle body and large port TFS TW heads
Ford Motorsport E-303 Camshaft
Lunati 1.6 aluminum full roller adjustable rocker arms
BBK 70mm Throttle Body
BBK 70mm EGR Spacer
Mobil-1 10w30 Full synthetic since 1992
Vortech bypass valve
Oil cooler with stainless braided lines
High Volume oil pump
3-core radiator
Ford Motorsport Police Silicone hose set
180deg thermostat
ARP head bolts
ARP 3/8" rocker studs
Any gasket removed was replaced with Fel-pro equivalent
Refreshed lower end main and crank bearings
Magnetic oil drain plugs (2)
K&N 12" conical air filter
All accessories (A/C, smog pump, power steering)

Ignition
MSD 6AL 6420 Ignition with soft touch rev limiter – w/6200 RPM chip
MSD/Vortech boost adjustable ignition retard module w/in car control
MSD Blaster 2 Coil
MSD Plug Wires
MSD noise capacitor

Drivetrain
Borg Warner T-5 'Z' code 5-speed manual transmission w/2.95 1st gear, w/Red Line synthetic MTL
Hurst short throw shifter, with adjustable stops
Accufab aluminum adjustable clutch quadrant and cable
RAM 905S dual friction clutch
RAM pressure plate
Ford Motorsport 3.55 ring and pinion
Mosure 31-spline axels
Auburn differential w/Red Line synthetic oil
Ford Motorsport axle girdle diff cover

Exhaust
MAC 1-5/8" equal length mandrel bent headers with ARP bolts and locking washers
Full header to tailpipe 2-1/2" true dual mandrel bent exhaust
2-1/2" off-road H-pipe
Hi flow 2-1/2" catalytic converters welded on 2-1/2" H-Pipe (not installed at this time)
Flowmaster 2-1/2" mufflers
2-1/2" stainless steel muffler-back pipes (looks stock)

Exterior
Kenny Brown chrome 3 point strut tower brace
Kenny Brown chrome 4 point K-member brace
Kenny Brown subframe connectors
Ford Motorsport Fox body driveshaft loop

Suspension
Steeda 16"x8" black mesh wheels, w/locking wheel nuts, mounted with 245/50-16 BFGs in front, and 255/50-16 BFG Drag Radials in rear
Steeda aluminum brake caliper sleeves
Performance Friction front brake pads
Kevlar rear brake shoes
Mobil-1 synthetic brake fluid

Fuel System
CarTech Aeromotive A1000 fuel pump and filter (90 gph at 45 psi)
Stainless braided -8 (1/2") feed and -6 (3/8") return fuel lines
CarTech –8 (1/2") in tank fuel pickup
CarTech Adjustable FMU, with –8 fittings, fully adjustable for rate of gain well as onset of gain
Paxton bullet aluminum fuel rail mounted Adj fuel pressure regulator
30lb/hr Ford Motorsport fuel injectors

The negatives
Throughout it's life it has had a small 8" dent in the driver's rear quarter that was pulled out, and the rear bumper cover was scratched so it was replaced with a factory new part. The A/C is still installed, but freon finally all leaked out about 2.5 years ago.
That is it.

Pictures

·
Registered
71 Posts
I wouldn't want to drive a car with a cage like that without a helmet. It also seems strange to keep the rear seats when they're completely inaccessible.. :shrug:

·
Registered
2008 Lotus Exige-S 240
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the comment BM!

Dsolomon - its a roll bar, not sure what you would hit your head on. In a roll over you will at least hit your head on the roof anyway... but you can add padding or hell, I have driven around with a helmet before. ;) I wanted the car to have a full interior. It is not a strip queen with no interior, suspension, or amenities. Besides, no seats & interior = rattle bucket. If the buyer doesn't want the rear seats he/she (or I) can spend about 5 mins and take them out. I wanted a stock looking car inside and out that would run like a scalded dog... and that it does just fine. :)

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
I feel your pain - been trying to sell my perfect 1995 Corvette with 529 rwhp and vortech and got offered a grand total of $15K and so it shall remain mine for the foreseeable future. Modified cars are a tough sell - my theory is hotrodders prefer to build their own and everyone else is terrified that no one will be able to maintain the car for them.

·
Registered
2008 Lotus Exige-S 240
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The ones I have heard from so far most want to get a cheap car and add stuff as paychecks come in. Mine is easy enough to maintain if you can put a wrench on something and has not needed anything in years. But looking back if I would have had the up front money to buy a built car it would have saved me thousands.. after all, my car is in perfect shape, if it were bone stock it would be worth under $7k, and the mods on it are about $20k. Over the long run people could have saved about $15k over doing it themselves!

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Man that interior brings back memories. I used to have an 89 Mustang GT convertible. Loved it but it was a flood casualty.

Bump

·
Registered
2008 Lotus Exige-S 240
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
whats that thingy hanging out the bottom rear
CarTech Aeromotive A1000 fuel pump and filter (90 gph at 45 psi) with Stainless braided -8 (1/2") feed and -6 (3/8") return fuel lines. Works best if level with fuel pick up.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
CarTech Aeromotive A1000 fuel pump and filter (90 gph at 45 psi) with Stainless braided -8 (1/2") feed and -6 (3/8") return fuel lines. Works best if level with fuel pick up.
Hmmm maybe Im crazy, but to me, it seems like a bad idea to have that fuel pump exposed in THAT location...considering a wheelie isnt out of the question for this car.

Am I being paranoid?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts