I am presenting to you a fine example of a 2000 Volkswagen GTI GLX for sale to make room for a new 2+2.
- 121K Miles - 60% of that on the highway..
- ~50K miles on transmission, 5 sp manual
- VR6, all leather, sunroof
- Futura Yellow - rare colour
- A/C works great
- All original, no mods
- Always dealer serviced except one instance (see below). All service records available (if you REALLY want to dig through 10 years of maintenance records, that would be an interesting read)
- Tires probably close to 80%
- No major dings, or dents. No rust at all
For a 10 year old car with 120K miles on it, I would consider it fair. Some things would need to be repaired to make it a reliable daily driver. Not to say it hadn't been reliable, but the age of wearables are showing now.
- Needs new radiator
- Needs new head gasket
- Headliner should be replaced
- Body has some scuffs as any 10 year old car which has to live around other inconsiderate parkers. Still looks good with a proper shine
- One tire should probably be patched, has just a slow leak
- Engine undercarriage covers missing
- Engine runs strong, dealer recommended service always done timely. (Including oil changes every 3K-5K miles)
- Original transmission was busted when the local tire shop attempted to put it on a lift. It was replaced with a Jetta GTI transmo with an original 42K miles at the time. Probably has close to 50K miles on it now.
- Clutch in good condition
- No tears in leather, although worn as would be expected
- Never tracked!
It has always been great fun to drive and always been reliable for me. It never left me stranded.. No knocks, pings or anything else funny..
Any other questions, feel free to email (wlindhorst at gmail dot com) or PM!
Pics to follow.