Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Car is sold.

After six years of ownership an impending move and little ones that don't get to ride I've decided it is time to sell my beloved Elise. I bought this one via BaT back in 2015 and since then have put around 18,000 miles on it. Only issue has been the blower motor resistor when I fist got the car but that has been straightened out for a couple years now. It has a rebuilt title but having not seen the "before" pictures I can't say what totaled it out. What I can say is that it has been good to me over my ownership. Other than the blower motor resistor it has just been oil, tires, and fuel. Only have a soft top for it. It is serviceable and doesn't have any holes in it but i does have some signs of wear.

I generally like my cars stock so it is mostly all factory. Only change I have made is adding the components from the factory “sport pack” option which includes wider front wheels and slightly retuned suspension. In addition to the added sport pack, this car came from the factory with the “touring pack”, which added carpets, additional sound deadening, and air conditioning.

So what’s the bad? Biggest issue the Rebuilt/Reconstructed title. The ease at which these cars total out is is discussed elsewhere on these forums. Other than the title issue, the body and paint is probably only a 7/10. More than a couple rock chips on the front bumper and rocker panels and a couple of scrapes (such is life with a car this low) but none of that causes issues when out on the open road. Another thing that could be considered an issues is the fact that it is located in Anchorage, Alaska. Shipping to Seattle is in the $1,500 - $2,000 range I would guess.

Anyway, with two little kids now it doesn’t get driven as much as it used to, and I think it is time for it to make someone else as happy as it has made me. If you have any questions please feel free to reach out.

VIN: SCCPC11135HL34176
Price: $26,500
Mileage: 45,xxxx

·
Administrator
2005 Lotus Elise
2,240 Posts
Good luck with the sale. The only thing I might suggest is explaining the rebuilt title a little more. What actually happened and what was replaced/repainted.

Reactions: LoveLoti

·
Registered
2006 Lotus Elise BRG
405 Posts
This was the first Elise sold on BAT!
Lot 302, they just passed 50,000!

Reactions: LoveLoti

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good luck with the sale. The only thing I might suggest is explaining the rebuilt title a little more. What actually happened and what was replaced/repainted.
Thanks! Yeah it would be good to explain what happened but I haven't seen any info on that. The person I purchased it from had bought it already repaired and didn't have any info on the accident other than "it was in the rear area". Searching the VIN didn't seem to turn up anything either.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This was the first Elise sold on BAT!
Lot 302, they just passed 50,000!

Yeah, way back in the site's infancy! I was a bit hesitant back then but it worked out. The owner ended up being the guy that started the website Angie's List. He sold quite a few cars on BaT if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As a sidebar I’m curious how long the driving season is in Alaska to enjoy a car that
Longer than you might think. I usually figure on getting it out of the garage in April some time and putting it away around the end of October. Temps may be in the 40s but as long as the roads are clear I can just put on a jacket.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Sure, if you want to make the arrangements at a shop of your choosing in Anchorage I would be happy to drop it off if given a reasonable amount of heads up.
Still want to sell this? If so what is a reasonable time for you? Lets be professional and efficient. I still have my military colleague up in Elmendorf Air Force Base who can come view it.

·
Administrator
8,283 Posts
closed

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.