The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone. Here's a link to my cars.com ad.

2005 Lotus Elise, $23,990 - Cars.com

Please feel free to PM or call with any questions. I'll check back here often as well. The car is in great condition. I just need to sell it due to bills beating the crap out of me. The price is fairly firm as I need to pay it off. {In other words I can't sell it for $19,999.99} Thanks in advance!

Rowen

EDIT: {6/30/2009} I should mention that I'm looking for a SPORT BIKE. If you happen to have one that you would part with as partial trade, I'm all ears. I'm most interested in 2004-2007ish 600-1000cc bikes. At the top of the list would be GSX-R, CBR, Ducati 748/998 or R1/R6's.

·
Registered
856 Posts
You should take the tape off and take some close up shots of the crack.

The tape makes it look REAL bad.

Not to mention you are missing the front grill in the photos. Would that be included in the sale?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You should take the tape off and take some close up shots of the crack.

The tape makes it look REAL bad.

You're right. I'll get to that soon. It's split all the way through. I didn't want to let it jiggle around. The guys over at Lotus service assured me it was just cosmetic but suggested it be taped up.

·
Premium Member
4,581 Posts
You're right. I'll get to that soon. It's split all the way through. I didn't want to let it jiggle around. The guys over at Lotus service assured me it was just cosmetic but suggested it be taped up.
I would say that it could be deemed structural by an insurance company - could get the front clam replaced.
Crash structure ok I assume?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
In all fairness I do expect this crowd to be a little more harsh on pricing. If there are any potential buyers out there, just get in touch with me and we'll see if we can come to an agreement. The service manager over at the local dealership knows my car well and is happy to go over everything with a potential buyer. In the mean time, I'll look into what options I have with repair through Insurance. It wasn't that long ago but I agree they don't like time lapsed before reporting. Also the grill is missing. The bumper cracked right by where it attaches on one side.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I should mention that I'm looking for a SPORT BIKE. If you happen to have one that you would part with as partial trade, I'm all ears. I'm most interested in 2004-2007ish 600-1000cc bikes. At the top of the list would be GSX-R, CBR, Ducati 748/998 or R1/R6's.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.